No announcement yet.

Radiohead - The King of Limbs (2/19/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiohead - The King of Limbs (2/19/11)

This is my first official thread on the BDR forums, and what better way to start the ball rollin' than one about Radiohead's new album.

So excited. I pretty much like everything the band has ever done. Wasn't all that hot on their last album, though (and their debut, which I don't really count as a Radiohead release...).

http://pitchfork.com/news/41561-radi...this-saturday/

Not liking In Rainbows is like not liking life. Otherwise I can agree with your above statement.

You are among friends here Ray.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Thank you, Howard. I've been meaning to join the boards for awhile now. Don't know why it took me so long.

Let me clarify my statement: I like In Rainbows, but it was sorta a disappointment after the mindfuck awesomeness that was Hail to the Thief. That said, Radiohead's weakest material is better than most bands' best.

Comment

Have you merged OK Computer and In Rainbows yet? HIGHLY recommend.

http://www.wowheylook.com/like-radio...ds-begin-trip/
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Not yet. I think that would make a great segue way this weekend right before I listen to the new stuff.

Comment

Holy shit it's Ray!

Comment

****waves****

Comment

Pre-ordered yesterday. Can't wait to get blitzed and listen to this on Saturday.

Also: welcomes to Ray!
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

I am in full and total compliance with Ben's plan...

Welcome aboard, Ray... with us, you shall find biting social commentary, a cavalcade of whimsy, and pics of hot cosplay chicks.

Have fun...

Comment

Ah, Mr. Abed. Welcome, welcome. Warms our hearts to see you here, sir, and we look forward to more posts from you!

Comment

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so getting that album! And I liked In Rainbows. It really grew on me...
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

In Rainbows might be my favourite album of theirs/the last decade.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Holy shit, I just noticed Ray was here.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Will be part of Caturday's listening party. Really enjoyed In Rainbows, looking forward to this.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              In Rainbows might be my favourite album of theirs/the last decade.
                              I'm not up to there, but it's my favorite since Kid A. I still have to listen to Hail to the thief though...
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                              X