Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlander: You're All Insane

Great idea, horrible execution.

The Kurgan and Queen were the highlight of this dull snoozefest.

Seriously, Christoper Lee and Ed Asner could put on a better sword fight this very minute than what we got with this film.

How it ever spawned a franchise (several bigger pile of shits, and the tv turds) is completely beyond me.

If there was any need to justify why remakes aren't always a bad idea, it's this film. This movie is screaming like Sasha Grey with an assfull of fist to be remade.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

I agree with the King of the Jews. Highlander is begging for a remake.

Comment

Fuck Highlander. The 2nd one is better. At least it knows it's stupid.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Word to your remake mother.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

THE BIEBS FOR THE COVER OF THE THEME SONG.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Brolin for Kurgan.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Motherfuckers love swordfightin' in warehouses.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Errybody loves dat shit
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                  Bieber for Kurgan.
                  Eh, you've lost it.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I never had it to begin with.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                      Errybody loves dat shit
                      I didn't mean with dicks I meant with actual swords
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

I thought that was what you meant, being above childish inyerwindow.

And it saves time on the discussion of the context used when discussing sheaths.

/great story
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

LOVE the movie, big glaring warts and all. It's flawed as hell, is limited by its low budget, has some badly choreographed swordplay in it, and has some serious scripting issues, but what works in it REALLY WORKS.
                          - Connery is having a blast. He and Lambert reportedly became fast friends on the set and that friendship and chemistry really shines.
                          - Clancy Brown as the Kurgan is awesome. I mean, really awesome.
                          - Beattie Edney as Heather. Babe.
                          - The scenery in Scotland is gorgeous.
                          - The concept? Really cool. It also 'makes sense' within the context of the internal logic of the film (forget the sequels)

But yeah, I consider the first film to be a DRY RUN for a remake that will do the job right. What needs to be done to improve upon the original:
                          - Improve the McCleod/Brenda relationship and dialog. It's never portrayed in a believable manner. I never believed for one second that they had a thing for each other...part of that is the acting from Roxanne Hart (who is horrible) but most of it is from the clunky dialog.
                          - Get a real fight choreographer this time. The orginal had some good moments (the Kurgan/Kastigir alleyway fight, for instance) but most of it was on a par with the first 'Star Wars' film...uninspiring and lame.
                          - Cast the film with people from the areas where they're supposed to come from. You don't cast a Scotsman as an Egyptian pretending to be a Spaniard. You don't cast a Frenchman as a Scotsman.

I'm all for a remake.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                            Great idea, horrible execution.

The Kurgan and Queen were the highlight of this dull snoozefest.

Seriously, Christoper Lee and Ed Asner could put on a better sword fight this very minute than what we got with this film.

How it ever spawned a franchise (several bigger pile of shits, and the tv turds) is completely beyond me.

If there was any need to justify why remakes aren't always a bad idea, it's this film. This movie is screaming like Sasha Grey with an assfull of fist to be remade.
                            You have the manners of a goat, and you smell like a dungheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              LOVE the movie, big glaring warts and all. It's flawed as hell, is limited by its low budget, has some badly choreographed swordplay in it, and has some serious scripting issues, but what works in it REALLY WORKS.
                              - Connery is having a blast. He and Lambert reportedly became fast friends on the set and that friendship and chemistry really shines.
                              - Clancy Brown as the Kurgan is awesome. I mean, really awesome.
                              - Beattie Edney as Heather. Babe.
                              - The scenery in Scotland is gorgeous.
                              - The concept? Really cool. It also 'makes sense' within the context of the internal logic of the film (forget the sequels)
                              ALL OF THIS.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X