Back in the day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the day...

Events, different eras...things we only wish we were alive for or could have participated in.

I'll start...

Back in the day...

I wish I would have been alive to see the Titanic in person....sail away from the dock that is.

I wish I would have been alive and old enough to go see the preimer of Jaws in theaters.

"Uh, whose car is that out front?"
    "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2

Re: Back in the day...

Ooh. Good thread.

I wish I would have been alive and old enough (5 years old or so) to see Star Wars in the theater.

I also wish I could have met my grandad (I was too young to remember anything), because apparently he was super awesome as I'm drinking out of his beer glasses at the moment.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I wish I had been around during the Apollo missions. Either to watch them as a kid or to find some way to be part of the program. I'm still bummed my parents never let me go to Space Camp.

Comment

Dude, I wanted to go to Space Camp soooo bad...even more so after the badass movie after the same name.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I wanted to go to SPace Camp as well. Then I read how much work was involved and that there is no cute robot running around to help launch you into space.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I'll second the opening of Star Wars and add that I wish I had been around to see The Beatles play live.

Also, I wish I could have been around in prehistoric times so I could go on an adventure with a brontosaurus sidekick. That'd be kinda fun.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Seriously though, how fucking scary would it be to be a kid on a fucking Space Shuttle and you have to land that shit?

Although eating all of that Astronaut Ice Cream would be kinda worth the trouble.

Comment

- I wish I was alive for WW2, that was probably the greatest generation ever.
                - I wish I was born in New York in like 1970, so I could've been a part of the birth of Hip Hop/Grafitti

I agree with star wars, the beatles, space camp...
                Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

i'm with the space camp, star wars, beatles, and ww2.

back in the day, i wished i had invested in google when they went public. lame.

i wish i had kept my dreamcast and seaman game. that was an awesome game.

i wish i was more into comics than magic: the gathering.

that's all i can think of...
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Well I wish I could have been alive during the 50's, all great music and car's came from this doomsday era!
                    Well really... I wish I could bust a Back To The Future move and check out concert's and bring back all the cool car's and collectible's, that would kick ass and Bill Gates and Opera would be my b***hes!
                    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Brother
                      - I wish I was alive for WW2, that was probably the greatest generation ever.
                      I was thinking the exact same thing, then I could stop complaining about petty shit.
                      "The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution." - Hannah Arendt

"It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea." - Robert Anton Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterLaBeef
                        Well I wish I could have been alive during the 50's, all great music and car's came from this doomsday era!
                        Well really... I wish I could bust a Back To The Future move and check out concert's and bring back all the cool car's and collectible's, that would kick ass and Bill Gates and Opera would be my b***hes!
                        Word...I just want to go back to 1980 and invest like a motherfucker in Apple and Microsoft.

Comment

i used to like swimming. now swimming feels like a job... a job to stay alive!
                          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus
                            i used to like swimming. now swimming feels like a job... a job to stay alive!
                            Wrong thread...you may want to check out random shit/pure and utter randomness.
                            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Dude, I wanted to go to Space Camp soooo bad...even more so after the badass movie after the same name.
                              I forgot about this thread, but that is still fucking true. Gravedigger and I would have made kickass astronauts.

Comment

Working...
                              X