Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reznor's "Year Zero"

YAY!

Trent Reznor says HBO and BBC Worldwide Productions are moving forward with the development of “Year Zero,” the grim sci-fi epic that Reznor has chronicled in his music as well as in a celebrated Alternate Reality Game (ARG).
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I wish this had been produced closer to the release of the album, when it felt a lot more of the time. Other than that, super excited.

Comment

I agree with Billy. We could be looking at Max Headroom 2.0. Not saying that's a bad thing mind you.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Sorry, kids... but the idea of another musician/actor/something-something thinking he's a multimedia auteur is a bit much for me.

Most of you are too young to remember when Bruce Willis thought he was a musician... some of us have still not recovered.

Comment

Except Reznor can actually pull it off. The ARG that went along with the album was fucking awesome and has a hell of a story.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

What is the story for those of us in the cheap seats and didn't pay attention?

Comment

This is the ARG where we discovered Trent found God, right?
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The Year Zero story takes place in the United States in the year 2022; or "Year 0" according to the American government, being the year that America was reborn. The United States has suffered several major terrorist attacks, and in response the government has seized absolute control on the country and reverted to a Christian fundamentalist theocracy. The government maintains control of the populace through institutions such as the Bureau of Morality and the First Evangelical Church of Plano, as well as increased surveillance and the secret drugging of tap water with a mild sedative. In response to the increasing oppression of the government, several corporate, government, and subversive websites were transported back in time to the present by a group of scientists working clandestinely against the authoritarian government. The websites-from-the-future were sent to the year 2007 to warn the American people of the impending dystopian future and to prevent it from ever forming in the first place.<sup id="cite_ref-Cooler_Than_Lost_8-0" class="reference">[9]</sup>
                I thought it was neat. Haters gonna hate.

Comment

There's nothing to hate, it's that if this is handled in the wrong hands. It could come off preachy and condescending.

Basically, don't let Morgan Spurlock near it.

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post

Most of you are too young to remember when Bruce Willis thought he was a musician... some of us have still not recovered.
                    Man what. You need to respect yo'self!

Comment

Oh, also- is Year Zero any good? I never got around to picking it up. The story that went along with it sounds kind of neat.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the album. It has a few really good tracks, but overall it didn't work for me. Felt disjointed? I think that's the best way to describe it. Man we all need Mediafire accounts so we can share stuff.

Comment

I really dig it. Far more than "With Teeth".

Comment

See, I like With Teeth infinitely more.

Comment

Y'all high.

I thought Wif Teef was disjointed, while Year Zero was streets ahead. The concept wasn't exactly groundbreaking, but in Reznerp's hands it really fucking worked.

If you got to see them DO IT LIVE, it was a mind-blowing experience.

Can't fucking wait to see where this project goes.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X