The Apocalypse Now Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apocalypse Now Blu-Ray

I don't know that you could ask for more than this set (see Rob's link below).

If you don't have a blu-ray player or a PS3, now's the time to save up for one. JUST LOOK AT WHAT'S ON THIS THING!

(Edited to remove my link)
    Last edited by Ben Thomas; 08-17-2010, 03:27 PM.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Click on it through here and give me 20 cents!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much a dream set right there.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Yeah, that's a must-buy. 'Hearts of Darkness' is a fantastic documentary, by the way.

Please GOD I hope that this includes some footage of Harvey Keitel in it...
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Also, I'm really happy that the theatrical cut is getting the same treatment as the redux version. I personally find the theatrical cut to be far superior.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Yeah I much prefer the theatrical, though the Redux is worth a watch for completion's sake. But the jewel here is the inclusion of HoD. Such an incredible documentary and it comes complete with Francis' commentary.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
              Yeah I much prefer the theatrical, though the Redux is worth a watch for completion's sake.
              brofist. Damn, I thought it was considered heresy to prefer the theatrical cut. The redux cut, while still good, strikes me as being slightly over-indulgent. It also has pacing and tension issues that I just can't get past.

Comment

It doesn't work. That's that. The extra scenes have to be seen for curiosity's sake - after years of reading about a fabled 4-hour+ cut (most likely an assembly cut) bootlegging its way around on VHS, Redux was as close as we were gonna get to seeing that. But Apocalypse Now is such a perfect thing dragged from such chaos that it's virtually impossible to imagine improving on it.

Comment

Working...
                X