World War Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War Z

Another review of J. Michael Straczynski's script for the movie adaptation of Max Brooks' World War Z gives quite a bit more detail. The book's author is now a "central character" and has a personal reason for spanning the globe doing interviews about the global zombie war. The interviews include flashbacks and voice-overs. Straczynski smushes together some separate scenes and elements from the book into one crucial scene in the movie, and loses some of the political overtones. And the turning point, the Battle of Yonkers, is truly horrifying and intense in this version.
    i'm rather excited about this news. while i haven't read the book but i did listen to the audio book which, i must adimit, is freakin awesome! if you haven't checked out world war z yet, do so. it's fantastic. i really, really hope the movie will kick ass.

quote from i09.com.

ps: this is what the alphabet would look like if q and r were eliminated... the link below has spoilers about lost, bsg, doctor who and transformers. you have been warned.

linky link: http://io9.com/375982/too-much-info-...-2-and-caprica

The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Re: world war z

I've read the book and I don't understand why people call the Battle of Yonkers the turning point. I guess it's the turning point if you consider it the "oh shit, we're fucked" point. I consider the stand-off in NM or AZ as the real turning point. That was one of the best stories in the book. I also really liked the Air Force woman who crashed but if they're making the narrator a central character I don't see how they'll be able to include that vignette.

Comment

Yah. I totally agree with you. This one I'm a bit weary about. It could be the greatest thing ever, or a poor misstep. Also, is this being shot as a documentary? I know Diary of the Dead tried (and pretty much failed) this, but WWZ could be freaking sweet if shot like an actual war documentary.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Hell, I'd go for a Ken Burns-style miniseries. The characters in the book are so well drawn through the way they tell their stories, there's no good reason to make the interviewer a main character or to give him a significant emotional connection to the war.

Comment

Exactly. I have a feeling they are going to dumb this down until it doesn't even resemble the book.

Just like I am Legend....
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

http://chud.com/articles/articles/17...ERS/Page1.html

I have little interest in this movie unless done as a documentary. I doubt we'll get that.

Comment

Yeah, I have to find where I put the damn book so I can get to reading!
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Also, that isn't concept art, it's just some dude trying to get a job working on the movie.

Comment

Dude, I'll make you a disc with the audio book...so much better than reading it.
                  Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                    Dude, I'll make you a disc with the audio book...so much better than reading it.
                    QFT.
                    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                    X