Futurama 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futurama 1.0

Since I missed the boat, Netfrix has been a sexy bitch lately and has started sharing this show with me.

I am in love. Every character is great in their own way, the premise is solid stuff, and the double wammy of classic sci-fi ideas and pop-culture analysis is fucking brilliant.

Blazed through volume 1, and on to 2.

Query: how would you who have already sampled such exquisite pleasures gauge the seasons as they progress?
    Me quick one want slow

What? How can anyone *not* already watched Futurama? I must be on Hocken Prime.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

ANSWER DA QUESTION
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

They get better and better. More than once, you will shed a tear during an episode. If not? You're dead inside.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

I heard about the dog...and the...ah shit...this is gonna end in weepin' and stuff.

And yet, it sounds like I saved myself a great show to jump into. /GREATSUCCESS
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

It really is brilliant. You will weep. I won't question your manhood.

Comment

Yep, Season 3 may be my favorite, but Season 4 has Jurassic Bark and Roswell That Ends Well (which may be my favorite episode of the entire show)
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Burned through season 2.

I think my favorite regular in the cast is Farnsworth. That motherfucker is awesome...literally (horrors of animated loose skin bumpin' and grindin' aside).

Branagan is tops as a supporting vacuous doucher.

On to number 3. And so far it is kind of continually raising the bar for each episode in terms of entertainment value.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

I've always thought of Ed as Kip.

As good as Farnsworth is (and he is fantastic), I would have to do with Dr. Zoidberg as my favorite.

The first episode of Season 3 is one of my personal favs.

Comment

Farnsworth is understated, and his insanity comes out of left field.

Zoidberg is the sad clown, but fucking hilarious too.

My favorite one-off from him has got to be the moment he gets to shine once Fry, Bender, and Leela get fired and he just destroys his chance at popularity with giving the most boring fucking answer to an earnest question.

Jesus, that sounds way more mechanical than it ends up playing out, but I was dying.

Also, "Gumberculese" was a killer.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Damn I forgot how awesome Season 3 is (just perused the episode listing).

Comment

Here's my favorite Zoidberg line :
                          Spoiler: Season 2 quote 
                        My next clue came at 4:15, when the clock stopped. The next clue came two hours later, at 4:15, when I discovered the murdered body of Amy's dead, deceased corpse.

Comment

Best episode for me was when Mom tries to take over the world...

The options on her remote can be seen when you pause it, and yes... you'll pee.

Comment

So where ya at on this Russ? You should have burned through seasons 3 and 4 by now.....

Comment

Nearly done with season 3, and it just keeps getting more and more awesome.

Fucking laughed my ass off at Zoidberg being the shittiest guest to ever stay on Mars.

Just a great show. By the time the end credits show up, I usually murmur "AWWDAMMIT" and click to the next episode. It's like crack. Delicious crack.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X