• Show
Clear All

• The Adventures of Pete & Pete

One of the best shows ever. Seriously.

One of the best episodes ever...

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I fucking love this show. Iggy Pop was fucking on it for fuck's sake. Just look at all of the people that would show up on this "kids show"

The many guest stars that appeared on Pete & Pete include:
    • Selma Blair — Penelope Ghiruto, school bus passenger from whose name Big Pete can make 27 words. ("Das Bus")
    • Elizabeth Bogush — Dian Senski, love interest of Big Pete, annoyed by his too-close friendship with Teddy. ("The Trouble With Teddy")
    • Jude Ciccolella — Mr. Slurm, high school shop teacher with a claw for a hand. ("Tool and Die" )
    • Ellen Cleghorne — Bus driver Sally Knorp, on-again, off-again girlfriend of Stu Benedict. (Appears in "Day of the Dot" and "Yellow Fever," though she is mentioned in other episodes.)
    • Marshall Crenshaw — "Lightning" Mel Ratner, a meter reader who joins Little Pete's band. ("A Hard Day's Pete")
    • Art Donovan — himself, talking to Big Pete about playing with Johnny Unitas. ("Space, Geeks, and Johnny Unitas")
    • Martin Donovan — crossing guard Kenneth G. Keegan who passes messages between Big Pete and Ellen in "Apocalypse Pete"; also Smith ("Smitty"), a security guard whom Little Pete and Petunia distract in "Space, Geeks, and Johnny Unitas."
    • Richard Edson — school janitor and field chalker Mr. Beverly ("Valentine's Day Massacre").
    • Chris Elliott — Meterman Ray, a meter reader who foretells Little Pete's future ("Sick Day").
    • Steve Buscemi - Ellen's Father on ("Apocalypse Pete")
    • Gordon Gano — Mr. Zank, the first of many substitute math teachers ("X=Why?").
    • Janeane Garofalo — Ms. Brackett, an English teacher ("X=Why?").
    • Frank Gifford — himself, a customer at Dad's driving range ("Rangeboy").
    • Ellen Greene — Abilene Jones, Drive-In film operator ("Time Tunnel").
    • Debbie Harry — a neighbor whose lawn the Petes sweep for land mines ("New Year's Pete").
    • Eliza Harris — girl in the straightjacket ("Last Laugh").
    • Juliana Hatfield — Emma, a young lunchlady ("Don't Tread on Pete").
    • Patty Hearst — Mrs. Kretchmar, a member of the family that moves into the Wrigley house ("35 Hours").
    • William Hickey — Grandpa Wrigley, Dad's dad ("When Petes Collide").
    • David Johansen — Park Ranger Thorsen, who scrutinizes Dad's activities until learning he is hunting for Bob ("On Golden Pete").
    • LL Cool J — Mr. Throneberry, Little Pete's teacher ("Sick Day").
    • Luscious Jackson — the band that plays at the school dance ("Dance Fever").
    • Ann Magnuson — Eunice Puell, mail carrier and object of Little Pete's affection ("Crisis in the Love Zone").
    • John McLaughlin — himself, devoting a portion of his show to support Big Pete's bid for Dad's bowling ball ("When Petes Collide").
    • Miracle Legion — the four-piece version of Polaris that Little Pete sees in a garage ("A Hard Day's Pete"). Polaris, in turn, was Miracle Legion minus guitarist Mr. Ray.
    • Bebe Neuwirth — Mail Lady McGintee, a mail carrier whom Little Pete comes across on his sick day adventure ("The Call," "Sick Day").
    • Larisa Oleynik — a nurse who rushes Little Pete through the hospital ("Dance Fever").
    • Vincent Pastore — Plays Vincent Park, A neighbor and bowling agent who is impressed with Artie's bowling skills and gets him to sign a bowling contract.
    • Kate Pierson — mysterious blind millionaire Mrs. Vanderveer ("What We Did on Our Summer Vacation").
    • Suzzy Roche — PEO MacMillian, meter maid and Inspector 34's love interest ("Inspector 34").
    • James Rebhorn — Supervillain John McFlemp, who rallies the neighborhood to get rid of little Pete's superhero Artie and turn him into a respectable and conservative adult. ("Farewell My Little Viking" (parts 1 and 2))
    • Sarah Shannon — a grocery store employee who gives Little Pete a label from an expired can of tapioca pudding ("Sick Day").
    • J. K. Simmons — Barber Dan, who refuses to talk to Big Pete ("Saturday").
    • Michael Stipe — Captain Scrummy, ice-cream vendor known for the Sludgecicle ("What We Did On Our Summer Vacation").
    • Golden Brooks — Heather, captain of the tennis team and Big Pete's love interest ("Crisis in the Love Zone").
    • Syd Straw — math teacher Miss Fingerwood. Played bass in the Blowholes("A Hard Days Pete")
    • Liza Weil — Margie Corsell, a girl for whom Big Pete abandons his brother ("35 Hours"). Weil also played a bully in "Yellow Fever", with her mother Lisa as a teacher in the same episode.
    • Brittany Whittington — the Kretchmars' daughter, another member of the family that moved into the Wrigley house ("35 Hours")
    • Matthew G.Cliff — "Chalkface", the name Little Pete gives to short-lived neighborhood villain Roger SanGreko. Often seen in the background of episodes sporting a lime green hoodie with a purple lizard on the chest. He is given the name due to his fair skin and constant body odor that is easily mistaken with the scent of classroom chalk. ("The Call," " Dance Fever").
    I'm drunk and on a nostalgia trip at the moment. Sue me.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

If you don't like this show, I don't like you. Easily the best of the Nickelodeon shows I watched back in the day.

Comment

*brofist*
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Dug the few episodes I watched at an old friend's house back in the day.
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Show was fucking ahead of its time

I distinctly remember the dad losing his mind when he discovered some other family had a "KING OF ROAD" license plate.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
          X