Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel

So, my sister is at my house for the summer and she's never seen either of these shows, so I've been rewatching them with her. I forgot how awesome they are. Angel is probably the closest we get to a great live action Batman tv show.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Never could get into either show. Not a big of Wheedon, always thought he was trying to be too cool for school.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
      Angel is probably the closest we get to a great live action Batman tv show.

I can see through my Electronic Bat-Vision Enhancer that you are full of it.
      Last edited by Trejo; 07-06-2010, 02:53 PM.
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Could never get into Buffy at all. Never bothered with Angel. Do I need to?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Buffy was huuuge for my friends and I back in school. I still love the first 3 seasons; they hold up crazily well. Things went south for the show once they got to college, though.

Angel was something I never really gave much of a chance to (strangely, considering my fondness for Buffy.) Still chalk that up to general indifference towards the titular character.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Is Angel closer to Supernatural?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

And does it work if you hate Buffy/never watched that show?

Comment

I liked Angel more than Buffy, so it might be worth a try.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Had a friend who borrowed my Angel dvds and he never watched Buffy. He seemed to like it fine with no prior knowledge of Buffy.

Comment

Alright man, I'll add season 1 of Angel to my queue. This should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      And does it work if you hate Buffy/never watched that show?
                      Please, explain.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Well Angel is a spin off of Buffy. I hate Buffy. HATE. Lesley has never seen Buffy. If Angel is sorta like Supernatural I'll give it a go.

Comment

Are you more or less in Ed's boat on Buffy or does the hate stem from elsewhere?

Comment

I don't hate it. I just can't get excited for it. It's concept doesn't appeal to me. And it's rabid fanbase really makes it a turn off.

It's the same way I feel about Chuck. Which, oddly enough was done before in a very short lived show called Jake 2.0.
                            Last edited by Ed Hocken; 07-06-2010, 04:12 PM.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I've never seen either one of these.
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Working...
                              X