Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braindead Radio Episode 25: ...Look Closer (is it infected?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEEJ doesn't know who Bill Paxton is?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Nice use of System of a Down also

Comment

What the hell? T2 sucks but the Transformers movie gets a pass? Who is Bill Paxton? An Avatar review in goddamned JULY OF 2010??

My sandwich nearly made an encore appearance after the opening talk of placenta, and I had no idea it would get more Bizarro from there. This better be the Street Fighter game fucking with both of your minds. I AM SO MAD FOR SOME REASON

Comment

T2 is ass compared to the first one and does not hold up for shit now. T1 >T3 > T2

Also, not so much an Avatar review as ways to make it completely more awesome haha.

But yeah, Transformers > T2. EASILY.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa whoa,

How much of that dislike is related to Eddie Furlong?

At least with T2, I can understand the action going on.

And T2 doesn't have Linkin Park in its soundtrack, either.

Comment

Most of it is related to the fact that it's the same movie as the first one but with out badass Michael Biehn in it. But it's too long (same gripe we had with Avatar) and Eddie sucks. Transformers at least entertains me but T2 bores me. It was tough making it through it a while ago. Yet I can fly through the 1st and even the 3rd with no issues.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I'll give T2 props for expanding the world and story that The Terminator was in. Plus the t-1000 was a helluva of a villain.

However, there was no reason to move beyond the second one as the story couldn't support itself beyond that point.

Plus Avatar has issues beyond its length. If the characters were far more interesting, the length could be justified. Kind of like The Abyss.
                Last edited by Ed Hocken; 07-05-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

The only truly interesting characters in The Abyss were Ed Harris, Michael Biehn and the rat.

Comment

Also in no way am I saying that Transformers is a better movie than T2. Just that it's more entertaining. I can also cop to the fact that Transformers 2 is feline aids.

Comment

Now that's what needs to be noted. What is more "entertaining" not necessarily the "better movie". Although I find those go hand in hand. Can there be exceptions? Sure, although I can't think of stuff off the top of my head.

Also, Harris owned the shit out of The Abyss. That CPR scene is one helluva of a piece of damn fine acting.

Comment

For sure. Harris rocked The Abyss. But like all of Cameron's flicks it's too long and/or the shit that gets cut should stay in.

Comment

I need a sound byte of Bale screaming "No! NO!" from his insane rant right now. Rob. I dig your show. And I mean this with all due respect. You are so, so flat out wrong on this. I could have almost let the T2 hate slide with liking the first better, but then T3 was brought in. T fucking 3!

That movie makes no damn sense at all, dude! It was 2 hours of complete nonsense! Yes, robots punched eachother. Other than that, it was shit. I can't remember if they even bothered to explain how Skynet can exist anymore after the events of the sequel? And if the T-800 had a god damned nuke inside of him all along, why didn't he use it to kill T-1000 at the end of the last film? Explosions clearly fuck up his shit, and they could have still melted Arnie after he shut down.They were just making shit up all over the place with no regard to the preceding stories. Also, the biggest hole of all: John Connor being a complete pussy. Eff that.

Comment

Connor was awesome in T3. What the fuck you babblin' bout? Why after T2 didn't they just send a Terminator back in time to kill Sarah's mother (grandmother, great grandmother, etc)? That's the problem. The movies make no fucking sense if you stop to actually think about them. At least in T3 they had the balls to say FUCK IT. WAR HAPPENS DEAL WITH IT.

Comment

Stahl > Bale > Furlong.

T4 was a big fucking pile of fail (minus Anton as Biehn).

CANCER MARLA SINGER DOES NOT EQUAL SKYNET GODDAMMIT.

Comment

Working...
                              X