Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI dead?

Awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

It's not dead yet.

While a CAT5 setup would be nice, the tech ramifications of pushing it through the industry at this point is slim at best.

No one is really going to fuck up development plans for this until late 2012 at earliest. Then, there's getting the majors to vote and agree to this. Then, there's concessions.

Then, there's consumer backlash.

A lot of companies tend to forget that last bit. Samsung is learning about it right now with 3D TV. SONY is trying to ease the pains, but they can't handle all of this shit plus a new connection standard. It just doesn't make business sense. If the Cat 5 style connection was tied to a new product launch in a better economy, I could see it working.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I'm all for it honestly. HDMI annoys the piss outta me.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I'm all for it honestly. HDMI annoys the piss outta me.
        I am with you on that! They can get loose and fall out of gear. So many equipment racks I have had trouble shooting phone calls where we would drive out to the clients house to plug in the loose HDMI. With the RJ45 (ethernet) connector it locks in. The only thing that is going to slow this down is that the HDMI has software that makes it had for people to pirate shows and movies. I bet it will be a whole lot easier with this cable that programmers will have ripping software in no time!

Comment

I don't understand why this is a good thing. The Gizmodo article mentions cost but it's like four bucks for a decent length cable. Also, this looks exactly like a network cable so there are ten bajillion idiots who are going to have trouble with this.

Comment

Working...
          X