Fincher's "The Social Network" Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fincher's "The Social Network" Trailer

A story about the founders of the social-networking website, Facebook.
    Last edited by PHEDG; 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM.

I'm intrigued. Fincher is worth a ticket alone.

Comment

Agreed,

Someone had pointed out the trailer was similar to The Game. I don't see the resemblence.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Not impressed...yet. I mean, it's just sound bytes and shit. Show me that Eisenberg is gonna do something that isn't just "Eisenberg as Eisenberg as Cera as Dude who created Facebook"
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

My thing is that while Sorkin can do really good stuff. This whole thing seems like something that would be a good HBO or tv movie.

That's how I felt about Charlie Wilson's War.

Comment

I bet we're gonna get some "crazy" camera tricks where the camera flies into the computer and we see MATRIX like shit as people play farmville.

"Whoa, I know Mafia Wars"

"Show me"
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

"Who just got tagged? Who just got taaaggeeddddd?!"

Comment

Seriously, Fincher better tone down his penchant for retarded cgi camera tricks. Shit ruined Panic Room for me.

Comment

He didn't do any of that shit in Zodiac.

Comment

Thank FSM. And at least Zodiac had CGI that for the most part wasn't even noticeable. I just keep flashing back to Panic Room.

Comment

Even Fincher wasn't all that crazed about Panic Room. I can't speak for Benjamin Button as I never saw it.

Comment

Benjamin Button is damn good, and very subtle in its camera work. No crazy CGI camerawork I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Thank FSM. And at least Zodiac had CGI that for the most part wasn't even noticeable. I just keep flashing back to Panic Room.
                          With Zodiac, it was actually used in service of storytelling, establishing the Bay Area of the time.

Panic Room was a can of shitfuck mixed with Thunderbird. Indulgent and a waste of capital. The only special effects needed were post-pregnancy-boobs Jodie Foster's, well, boobs.

And no doubt, we'll see the "Fast & Furious" camera move used with wreckless abandon. This will be the Torque of social networking films.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-30-2010, 02:49 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Those new roll-over ads on movie websites are poopin' on my innernet parade.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                            X