Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braindead Radio Episode 23: No Mr. Hughes. I Expect You To Die.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braindead Radio Episode 23: No Mr. Hughes. I Expect You To Die.

Ceej and Rob are back and Rob decides to try to tone it down a bit (SPOILERS: it doesn't really work). There may be something better than blu-ray out there and Ceej realizes that knowing Rob is like playing a fucked up game of Chutes and Ladders™. The two dive into "Not Quite Hollywood" and discuss the awesomeness contained within. Rob and Ceej then take a walk down "The Road" (spoilers at about 32:00-44:00 min), discuss John Carpenter flicks and then Rob and Ceej discuss the moral implications of Half Pint Brawlers.

That's how you do spoilers Ed.
    I liked it.
    60.00%
    No sir, I didn't like it.
    20.00%
    Rob needs to drink more.
    0.00%
    Ceej needs to drink more.
    20.00%
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Good to know
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Just saying. I'm glad you gave me a heads up about your Shield spoiler, but I still haven't listened to that episode because of it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Let me check for the actual time frame of the "spoiler".

Comment

Appreciated. We're about to finish season 3 and really want to finish this series off. Way better than I thought it'd be.

Comment

I just re listened to the episode, the exact spoiler is at 8:20, but if you want to be safe. Section out minute 8 to minute 9.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks man.

Comment

"Watching the time waste away"?

Rob does not care about blek people.

/feigns this a. outrage

LOL @ Asian Breadfucker
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Rob loves teh midgets. Also I think I saw brain on Kato.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

"No Country Buffet" killed me.

Tell Ceej, as he won't read this.

And There Will Be Blood is a masterpiece. Appreciate it beyond its parts. Accept it as a whole. Because it is a scathing indictment of avarice, and by extention, humanity (the key demographic for it). The more Danny Boy attains, the less of a human he resembles.

You are a bunch of silly monkeyboners.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-13-2010, 05:03 PM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

No Subterfuge Day continues, as I put riot gear on in anticipation:

The Road is supposed to be dark and depressing. It's the end of the fucking world.

There are usually two ways of consuming this medium: as an intellectual and emotional exercise that leaves you drained yet grateful that such a work exists, or a generally harmless entertainment that is uniformly designed to return to the status quo.

The Road is in the former camp.

Stick to safer things, Ceej.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-13-2010, 05:26 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Rage subsiding...

...just...know what you're getting in to when you enter the fucking Thunderdome. Be prepared in one way or another to either a) turn your brain off and enjoy the pretty colors and fart noises or b) get ready for the cudgel of complexity.

I still love you guys.

(Film isn't just relegated to having some sort of arbitrary replay factor.)
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-13-2010, 05:58 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Fuck, I sound like a dick.

Just know that the little crybaby yelling at you over these series of tubes resembles this:

Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-13-2010, 06:32 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

I loved The Road. The book is still far superior.

Comment

I know.

And I agree on the NY/LA discussion. I'll watch the shit out of Surfer,Dude Plissken and leave the Youngling Plissken to be devoured by older, more experienced thesps. If only there were a way to combine the two that didn't involve memos from Ted Turner.

As usual, most of the hostility was directed at the panda. BAMBOO IS NOT A DIET, YOU SURVIVAL-CHALLENGED BONERS.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X