Geena Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geena Davis

So I assume she's been in actress time-out because of that failed TV show (Commander-in-Chief). Time to let her out again. I miss her in movies.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Man, she was smoking in The Long Kiss Goodnight.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

You know, she turned down the part of Leia.
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

She never recovered from 'Cutthroat Island', unfortunately.

Good actress. I'd like to see her make a comeback as well.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
          You know, she turned down the part of Leia.

Good. Fisher was way hotter back then.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            She never recovered from 'Cutthroat Island', unfortunately.
            OMG, I remember seeing that in the theater. What a piece of shit.

Comment

Cutthroat Island and some other movie was made through her production company. That didn't survive, since both flopped. Long Kiss Goodnight came after Cutthroat Island, so I wouldn't say she was in actress limbo for Cutthroat Island. Still, I wonder why she hasn't been doing movies.

Comment

Probably raising her kids or something.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  Probably raising her kids or something.
                  IT's that. There was an article about it a few months ago.

Comment

Also, I don't remember Geena Davis being that huge of an actress. Not at say a Julia Roberts level. She always stuck in my mind as doing supporting work.

Commander-in-Chief was garbage, but what can you expect from Rod Lurie.

Comment

You should see the list of roles she turned down.

Was turned down by Martin Scorsese for the role of Iris in Taxi Driver (1976). This was Davis' first film audition. The part went to child actress Jodie Foster.

Turned down the role of Princess Leia Organa in Star Wars (1977). She was the runner-up to Carrie Fisher for the part.

Auditioned five times for Randal Kleiser for the role of Emmeline in The Blue Lagoon (1980), a role that ultimately went to Brooke Shields.

Auditioned for the role of Sarah Connor in The Terminator (1984) but lost out to Linda Hamilton.

Turned down the role that made famous to Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct (1992).

Turned down the Demi Moore role in Ghost (1990).

Turned down the role that later went to Jodie Foster in The Silence of the Lambs (1991).

Turned down the role that made famous to Sandra Bullock in Speed (1994/I).

Turned down the role that went to Kelly McGillis in The Accused (1988).

Turned down the role of Alex Forrest in Fatal Attraction (1987).

Turned down the role of Annie in Sleepless in Seattle (1993).

Was considered for a role in a film adaptation of the TV series "Sailor Moon" (1995) which was never made.

Turned down the role of Kit de Luca in Pretty Woman (1990).

Turned down the role that later went to Kyra Sedgwick in Singles (1992).

Comment

She has horrible taste.

Comment

I can't see her in any of those roles.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I'm so fucking glad they didn't make a live action 'Sailor Moon'.

Comment

Same here, holy shit that would have been terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X