Treme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treme

Thought there was a Treme thread, but couldn't find it. SUNDAY!

http://www.collider.com/2010/04/09/d...terview-treme/

I am looking forward to this, although not as much as Boardwalk Empire. Still, I'd like to get the opinion of someone I know who used to live in NO.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

This is the new David Simon show right? He was hilarious on Colbert earlier this week.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Hocken View Post
        This is the new David Simon show right? He was hilarious on Colbert earlier this week.
        Naw, the interview I linked was just for shits and giggles...

Comment

HAha, I fail. I didn't c lick on your link.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Cinco minutos!

EDIT: Nevermind, it's after The Pacific.
            Last edited by BillyG; 04-11-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Love love love love love. My biggest concern was that the role Houston played would be ignored, or downplayed greatly, but it looks like that won't be the case. They name dropped Telephone Road as a murder scene for someone, which is like...wow, great job on the research there. It shows to me that Simon & Co. really did their research as to the role Houston had. And the "On the next episode" when Steve Zahn says "All the crime went to Houston" I got a bitter sweet smile. Love that the entire story is being told, as I always felt Houston (and Texas as a whole) wasn't given its due during and after Katrina by the mainstream media.

Yeah I'm a bit passionate about what happened to my city in regards to Katrina, and other ignored hurricanes.

Comment

Yup, I had heard the same thing about the crime.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

So, uh, yeah, this show is awesome. You dudes should all be watching it, even if you don't have the HBOs. The shot of the Big Chief coming out of the dark? Holy smokes.

Comment

Second episode was great. I hope they keep up the streak of great musician cameos.

Comment

I love this show.

I love this show.

And...I love this show.

Caught part of the recap this morning and saw the episode where Bunk got his ass beat, Steve Zahn sang his "boobs in the neighborhood" song, and Lester Freeman gave the stinkeye to the kid he caught getting trim on his property.

Everything in terms of character development, musical showcases, and subtextual commentary is handled so expertly each time out that I will be forever envious of Dave Simon and his crew.

I wonder if Bunk's ex-wife will ever find her brother. Or get that fucking roof fixed...
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Finding her brother seems like a really obvious way to end their arc for the first season. The stripper moving into my neighborhood song is gold.

Comment

Yeah, it probably will keep until the end of the season.

Which isn't all bad, as long as Slim Charles makes another appearance.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Pissed that I haven't been able to watch this yet. One of these days...
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

I look forward to this more than The Pacific. I love all the musician cameos they've been able to get. The music is fantastic and all of the storylines have been really good.

Fuck you, you fucking fucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X