Earthling - David Bowie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthling - David Bowie

ITT we talk about how awesome this album is so we don't continue to derail Vin's thread of badassery.

So, yeah, this album kick so much ass you don't even know. Seven Years in Tibet is, like, one of the best songs ever. Hell, I probably like Trent Reznor more for influencing Bowie to head in this direction than anything NIN has done. Not that any of you care, but I just made a mix for cycling and Dead Man Walking made it on there.

Reznor is the reason I got into Bowie. This album is full of win.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Bowie was WIN since day one.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Except that when I was a teenager the only thing I knew of Bowie was the fucking Labyrinth. Earthling is what broke me out of that.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Labyrinth was great for Bowie. And young Connelly.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I hate that movie. Found it annoying as a kid and find it worse as an adult.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Hocken View Post
              I hate that movie. Found it annoying as a kid and find it worse as an adult.
              Do you also murder babies? And stomp on fresh daisies? And stop the DVD when Connelly goes A2A?

Comment

Labyrinth could never hurt anyone as awesome as Bowie. It's like owning every hotel in Monopoly and then landing on Baltic Ave. - it's an unimportant blip.
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Do you also murder babies? And stomp on fresh daisies? And stop the DVD when Connelly goes A2A?

The only stuff I dug was some of the puppets. I was too young to really care about Connelly being hot, and when I got older I had already seen her go ass to ass. I even tried to watch it again recently with Lesley. I just can't do it. It's so FUCKING BORING.

Comment

Here's to hoping Hoggle pisses on your day!

Also, you should check out Tin Machine if you want to check out Bowie not doing typical Bowie.

Comment

I have everyone of his albums/bsides/singles etc. I love Bowie. I just don't like the Labyrinth.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Here's to hoping Hoggle pisses on your day!

Also, you should check out Tin Machine if you want to check out Bowie not doing typical Bowie.
                        Tin Machine was the tits! I still say Reeves Gabrels is one of the most criminally underrated guitar players in the world.

Saw Bowie in Atlanta in 1990... and 20 years later, it's still the best fucking show I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Hocken View Post
                          I have everyone of his albums/bsides/singles etc. I love Bowie. I just don't like the Labyrinth.
                          Well don't be shy, and load that shit up so I can download it. kkthx.

Comment

Tin Machine was GREAT!!
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Holy shit...I can't believe how IN AGREEMENT I am with almost everything in this thread.
                              - LOVE 'Earthling' (although I like 'Outside' a bit more).
                              - LOVE 'Tin Machine', especially their second album.
                              - LOVE Reeves Gebrels.
                              - HATE 'Labyrinth' for the exact same reasons that Rob cited. I thought that I was the only person that hated that movie.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                              X