What's Up, Tiger Lilly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Up, Tiger Lilly?

A Woody Allen version of the MST3K experience...he took a Japanese spy movie and added his own soundtrack with often-times hilarious results. The new plot? Tracking down a secret recipe for egg-salad.

I'm not a really big Woody Allen fan, but this film kills me every time that I watch it. Some of the voices used are so OUT THERE that they merely need to speak and I start laughing.

GREAT lines in it:

Phil Moscowitz: (while fighting): 'Saracen pig! Spartan dog! Take this! And this! Roman cow! Russian snake! Spanish fly!Anglo-Saxon Hun!'

High Macha Of Rashpur: Good afternoon. I am the Grand Exalted High Macha of Raspur, a nonexistent but real-sounding country.
    Phil Moscowitz: Uh-huh.
    High Macha Of Rashpur: Yes. We're on a waiting list. As soon as there's an opening on the map, we're next.

Suki Yaki: I'm such a great piece!
    Teri Yaki: I wish Phil would get here. It's getting awfully late.
    Suki Yaki: [Running to answer a knock at the door] It's Phil, bringing the promise of joy and fulfillment in its most primitive form!
    Teri Yaki: I hope he brought the vibrator.

The Interviewer: Woody, since the story is a bit difficult to follow, would you mind giving the audience and myself a brief rundown on what's gone on so far?
    Woody Allen: [casually] No.

many thanks to Timothy for reminding me of this film.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

When I saw this, I was thinking "He better not have the nerve to say this movie sucks."

Thankfull, you didn't

Also check out Take the Money and Run. You may recognize the announcer in that movie from the Little Ceasar ads.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Just flat-out love this movie. The quotes Matt listed are fried gold, every one of 'em.

Plus, it gave us Shepherd Wong!

"You interrupt Shepherd Wong? That's the thing to do?"
      Last edited by Timothy225; 03-17-2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X