Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Internet? Fuck that thing." An interesting article from 1995

http://www.newsweek.com/id/106554

The truth in no online database will replace your daily newspaper, no CD-ROM can take the place of a competent teacher and no computer network will change the way government works.
    Wow, this article is hilarious.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: "The Internet? Fuck that thing." An interesting article from 1995

I'll bet you remember the two or three great teachers who made a difference in your life.
    yah... i don't really remember any "great" teacher. my only teacher and lover that i've remembered was tv. and it still is! but now the pswii60 has joined in. woot!

Then there's cyberbusiness. We're promised instant catalog shopping--just point and click for great deals. We'll order airline tickets over the network, make restaurant reservations and negotiate sales contracts. Stores will become obselete. So how come my local mall does more business in an afternoon than the entire Internet handles in a month? Even if there were a trustworthy way to send money over the Internet--which there isn't--the network is missing a most essential ingredient of capitalism: salespeople.
    salespeople?! ahahahahahaha.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

What's missing from this electronic wonderland? Human contact.
      Oh, how I miss going out to rent a movie, only to find all the copies are gone and I get stuck with Leprachaun 8: Lepy's Hawaii Adventure, and wow, Amazon replacing all those helpful Best Buy sales clerks has killed me! What a pain it is, buying a whole collection of figures online instead of driving to 10 different stores and coming home with nothing! Internet, more like InterNOT!!!
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Internet, more like InterNOT!!!
        zing! ohhhhhhhh! snap, son! snap! hahahaha.

Comment

Somebody got served somewhere...
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

on the interwebs, somebody is always getting served. notice how that article doesn't note that the internet is the best place to complain and bash someone just because. i less than three the internets.

Comment

We're all out of INTERNETS!

I hear California has some internets left....
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

We do! But only enough for 40 seconds per person! Damn, my time's up!
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

But, but...I need to jerk off.

Playboy just doesn't do it anymore.

Comment

Not when you have thing's like brazilian farting!
                    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Brokaw is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        But, but...I need to jerk off.

Playboy just doesn't do it anymore.
                        Yeah Spooky Ghost, my ass.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                        X