How would YOU remake __________?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would YOU remake __________?

I'll start with 'Mad Max'. I'll assume that you've all seen it.

1. More clearly define the setting. This is post-apocalyptic, but nothing has really been said about what caused the apocalypse. Define it: perhaps it was an economic apocalypse or a biological one...one that caused cities to isolate and fend for themselves. Fuel is getting more and more scarce, and life is getting more and more primitive. Everyone's holding on tight to what they have, and the MFP is out there to protect the city from ANY intruders.

2. Keep the semi-desert setting, especially if you move it from Australia to America.

3. Keep the 'Interceptor'/'Pursuit' tags.

4. Give Goose more of a role.

5. Give the Toecutter and his gang more of a reason to be attacking the city. Are they after fuel? Are they after food?

6. Cast it right, and keep it the fuck away from Michael Bay.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

I'll go with Highlander:

1) Better sword fighting

2) Better sword fighting

3) Better sword fighting

4) Don't make a sequel
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
      I'll go with Highlander:

1) Better sword fighting

2) Better sword fighting

3) Better sword fighting

4) Don't make a sequel
      Yes, the swordfighting needs improvement...that's a given.

My main issue, plotwise, is with the whole Connor/Brenda storyline. That really needs to be re-written in such a way as to be believable. The bar sequence, where he tries to pick her up, is one of the most poorly written scenes that I've ever seen. No real motivation is provided for them to have a 'love story' per se.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

The entire production value needs to be improved. The only thing I really loved from the original was Clancy Brown as The Kurgan. Everything else needs a major re-haul.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
          The entire production value needs to be improved. The only thing I really loved from the original was Clancy Brown as The Kurgan. Everything else needs a major re-haul.
          Yes, it needs a higher budget.
          What worked:
          - Clancy Brown as the Kurgan.
          - Sean Connery as Ramirez.
          - The overall concept, especially since it wasn't clearly defined. That lack of definition served the plot.
          - The relationship between Ramirez and Connor was handled beautifully, in my opinion.
          - Connor's origin in old Scotland. How he died, how his relationship with his clan changed, how he was exiled, how he met Heather.
          - The use of flashbacks within the story. They flowed nicely, and the cinematic transitions between the past and the present were handled in interesting ways.

Comment

Superman

1) No more real estate schemes
            2) More Superman being SUPER
            3) Bring in some robots/aliens/no more Luthor at least as main villian
            3) GIVE IT TO MICHAEL BAY
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It needs a real Scot playing a Scotsman.

Find Kevin McKidd... right fucking now!

Comment

Also if there can be only one then like said above NO FUCKING SEQUEL!!
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Or that dude with the Glasgow Smile in Sons of Anarchy. That guy needs more work!
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post
                    Superman

3) Bring in Doomsday
                    Agreed.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post
                      Superman

3) Bring in some robots/aliens/no more Luthor at least as main villian
                      4) Add HIM!

Comment

That picture still cracks me up. It's like Tommy Wiseau's impression of Nicolas Cage as Superman.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                          Also if there can be only one then like said above NO FUCKING SEQUEL!!
                          See, I came up with a GREAT concept for a sequel to 'Highlander' that actually works within the continuity of the first film.
                          1. Connor has won the prize.
                          2. He's trying to figure out what to do with the prize when Brenda gets killed in an accident.
                          3. Connor wallows in despair...he has the prize with all of this limitless power, and he wasn't able to save the woman that he loves.
                          4. A year goes by with him wasting the power of the prize.
                          5. In a drunken stupor, he gets drawn to an empty warehouse. The prize LEAVES HIM, as he is unworthy. The Quickening branches out all over the warehouse, and ALL of the immortals who have ever existed since the beginning of time are reborn instantaneously. All of their power had been collected in Connor (forming the 'prize' power), and now they are released again.
                          6. All of the reborn immortals are cognizant of who they are AND when they are...they have been a part of Connor.
                          7. Realizing what has happened, the immortals all leave the warehouse...some alone, some in groups. All of them know that the gathering will be happening again soon, so they'd better arm themselves.
                          8. Ramirez and Kastigir, along with a few other immortals that Connor befriended over the centuries, go off in a group. Connor realizes what a waste he's been and finds a reason to fight.
                          9. Battles ensue, with Clancy Brown as the Kurgan quickly leading the charge to get as much 'prize' energy as he can.
                          10. It ends with Connor and Ramirez left, the last two immortals standing. They decide NOT to fight each other.

There's a sequel.

Comment

Matt writes fanfiction.

lulz.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

blow me. it would have been better than all of the planet Zeist crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X