Preacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preacher

I'm re-reading the series along with a shit-ton of other Westerns.

I forgot how much I love Herr Starr.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Till the end of the world.

Love the ghost of John Wayne.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I'm trying to hunt down a Fuck Communism lighter. I heard that DC Direct or some other company did a limited run on them.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

http://www.cellphoneflasks.com/fuck-...o-lighter.html

This one?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

granted it's not from DC Direct...
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Cool. I knew I saw it somewhere. I'll have to add that to my buy list.

"Until the End of the World" is still one of the greatest comic stories I've ever read.

Comment

So basically I need to go and grab some TPB's of this series?

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post

Yeah. Some arcs are better than others, but it was meant to be read in order. The TPBs are presented in correct order with nothing out of place. So, try it that way.

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post
                    You bet your ass you do!

Also, that short story about Cassidy taking on the goth vampire. One of the best short stories I ever read.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Zuckerbusen View Post
                      I forgot how much I love Herr Starr.
                      I still laugh and laugh when I think about the series of panels with Starr and his two colleagues - the colleagues are both fantasizing about something or other all moony-eyed and with thought bubbles and whatnot while Starr's sitting there with a scowl on his face and a giant, steaming turd in his thought bubble.

But yeah, best comic. The follow-up/origin story TPBs are kinda terrible, but I still grabbed them because I was gay as fuck for this property back in the day.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

My favorite comic series. The one shot of Jody and TC in a parody of an action film is probably my favorite single comic book of all time. I always thought that the 'Salvation' storyline would make a fantastic movie, Preacher-related or not.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Rob hasn't read this?? WHUUUUT????

Remedy that now Rob. It's not a DoTD Hocken level fail but......
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'm up to the trade right before Jesse faces the Saint of Killers.

I got sidetracked. For the last year and a half.

By The Boys. And Hitman. And Battlefields. And PunisherMAX (especially The End one-shot).

Fuck Ennis is writing for my 12 year old self, which incidentally is my maturity level.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Absolutely loved the series, and the TPB is the route to go.

I pretty much liked damn near every story in the series - favorites include the Until The End Of The World, Salvation, Proud Americans, and Alamo. Cassidy's definitely a love/hate character, and his origin, as well as the tale told by Sally prior to the Alamo arc, is pretty riveting.

Also, who doesn't like Tulip? Chicks with guns, my friends... chicks with guns...

Comment

Working...
                              X