Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Look at The Wolfman..

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20185191,00.html

Rick Baker continues to impress. That makeup looks awesome. Can't believe that's Benicio underneath that.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: First Look at The Wolfman..

I saw it over at CHUD. Damn impressive I must say. I've got one helluve hard-on for the old Universal monster movies, and this little film has me kinda stoked/worried. Stoked for Benicio and Rick Baker, worried for the production problems.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Re: First Look at The Wolfman..

that looked real good, I'm happy they're doing legit make-up rather than cgi. I really hope it works out.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37732

Trailer from Comic-Con.

Pretty neat. although the thing about not using Baker's transformation SFX but instead using CG makes me a bit hesistant. Especially after watching An American Werewolf in London last night. I still love it even though it is a tad cheesy. But the sound effects make up for any weak looking latex.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah, he didn't seem all too thrilled with a CG transformation.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Could be cool. Creepy enough vibe.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

http://chud.com/articles/articles/20...LER/Page1.html

Looks good to me. This and Creature from the Black Lagoon were my two favorite monster flicks when I was a kid.

Comment

Going to see this tonight. Anyone else?

I'm hoping, praying, this doesn't stink on ice like Van Helsing did (note I said Van Helsing, not Hugh Jackman. I must add this disclaimer, otherwise I'm sleeping on the couch tonight, per my wife). The fact that Rick Baker contributed SFX to this is a bonus, and I'm interested in how the onscreen dynamic 'twixt Hopkins and Del Toro will play out.

Comment

Going tomorrow for the matinee... but I have a pretty good feeling I'll be going

Comment

Here's hoping, Lima. It's been a LONG while since I saw a decent horror flick on the big screen, as opposed to waiting for the DVD release, so I'm hoping this film will be worth the admission price at least.

My best friend and I are going, as my wife isn't much of a horror fan. Likely, we'll also be talking about possible hitting Chiller Theatre in April (been awhile since we hit any horror conventions, too. I bring it up, 'cause we'd briefly met Baker and Tom Savini at one show or another, and the fact that there's at least some old school make-up effects on display in The Wolf Man guarantees our asses will be in seats).

Comment

hoping to see it this weekend, but that depends upon the wife unit.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Saw it. Liked it, a lot. There are a few plot holes in the flick, and the editing seemed off in parts (a lot of this event happens, now this, now THIS, etc.) needed to be a bit more fleshed out. Good amount of action, couple of shock scenes, and a fair amount of grue on the screen. Final battle definitely needed some more work IMHO.

Del Toro was definitely channeling Chaney in this. He looks painfully burdened at points by the curse, which really sold the performance. Hopkins seemed to put less effort into his part. Weaving needed a bit more screen time.

One of the drawbacks is the scenes where the Wolf Man runs on all fours - just looked bad with the CGI and live action mixed in.

While not a classic by any stretch, it's a good opening shot at the planned Universal monsters revival. Better than Van Helsing by a damn sight.

Comment

Tits!

As long as it's better than Van Helsing, they have my money!

Comment

Originally posted by Lima Oscar Lima View Post
                            Tits!

As long as it's better than Van Helsing, they have my money!
                            Well, there was Emily Blunt side boob for a second there.

Comment

Mmmmmm...

side boob.

Comment

Working...
                              X