Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Miramax

Pours one out....

Back in the day seeing that logo meant I was in for something neat. Kinda like seeing the Cannon logo

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Some great films came out of there. A few even helped me realize I wanted to get into filmmaking.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

I was told they were going to wait to announce it tomorrow. If I'm not getting f'd by Finke, I'm getting f'd by every other goddamn site.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I'm not going to cry any tears over the Weinsteins. Fuck 'em.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Wow, kinda weaksauce. Hope the Weinsteins get a decent deal to buy the name back.
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

BITE YOUR TONGUE HEATHEN.

The Weinsteins have given us some pretty great and interesting film talent. Who cares if they're are assholes?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Now, let's see how long until TWC folds. I'm still saying Weinsteins eat it by December.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                Wow, kinda weaksauce. Hope the Weinsteins get a decent deal to buy the name back.

The Weinsteins don't have a pot to piss in.

Comment

So what does this mean for 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark'?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    BITE YOUR TONGUE HEATHEN.

The Weinsteins have given us some pretty great and interesting film talent. Who cares if they're are assholes?
                    Great talent, sure. But they basically generated the machine that buys Oscars. See Shakespere in Love over Saving Private Ryan.

And I thought TWC would have folded months ago were it not for Inglorious Basterds.

Comment

Miramax is getting folded to bring more revenue back to the parent company. Plus, it allows for tighter control over which films get released.

On the same tip, I wouldn't be surprised to see NBC/Universal do the same with Focus Films.

Comment

TWC is screwed. They can't even bring us our Piranha movie.

Comment

Makes me a sad panda that does.

Comment

I guess this means Magnolia will release a lot more mumblecore crap.

Comment

Working...
                            X