Crazy Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Heart

Pretty fuccin' good. Bridges is fantastic, and while the songs kinda suck save for a dose of Buck Owens near the beginning (along with the Louvin Bros, Lightnin' Hopkins, Townes Van Zandt, and Kitty Wells) Duvall, Gyllenhaal, and Farrell all put in surprisingly great performances in this little movie. Go see it if it's near you.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Never heard of it. Devin would shit I know, but I haven't.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Me neither, but his review and Rath's positive word-of-mouth got me off my ass and to the Arclight to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-AyD661tUE
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Well, Duvall & Bridges pretty much get my attention if the roles are even decent so I'll catch it if/when I can. Sidenote, I LOVE Duvall, LOVE him.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Been waiting for this to be shown at any theater near me. Looks like I 'll have to wait until it either wins some awards and gets a wider release or wait for it on dvd.

Comment

Robert Duvall is probably my favorite actor. He kills in so much. People talk about Deniro(15 years ago) and Pacino (maybe 20 for him) but Duvall is so consistently awesome.

Comment

Case in point, Duvall in the "Who's More Grizzled?" snl skit

Comment

My wife is pressuring me to take her to this, so I'm glad to hear that it's worth seeing. I hate country music, but Jeff Bridges is one of my favorite actors.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

So he won a Golden Globe.

Comment

Tron.

Tron tron tron.

Flynn tron. Tron. Flynn?

Tronflynn. Flynn.

Tron.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

In 2 hours I'm going to see this. It's finally at my regular theater. DLP FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                        Tron.

Tron tron tron.

Flynn tron. Tron. Flynn?

Tronflynn. Flynn.

Tron.
                        Clu.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Fej View Post
                          In 2 hours I'm going to see this. It's finally at my regular theater. DLP FTW!
                          Saw it. Really liked it. High quality acting, it was. I say he deserves the Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                          X