Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Comes to Town: KITH mini-series

Yes please.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I caught a little mini-marathon of this yesterday on IFC, and it was fabulous! I mean, okay, it wasn't as funny as their old series, but it was still really great, and I hope they run it again soon!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was okay but was mostly miss than hit.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Fuck! I missed this and it's not on again for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Yeah, I thought it was okay but was mostly miss than hit.
          I just really, really really loved Scott's gay necrophiliac mortician who kept getting it on with Bruce's corpse. I was in tears everytime they ran with that one!

And of course, given my recent posts about Edison in the pet thread, the whole thing with Kevin doing absolutely anything to keep his 32 year old dying cat, who has an oxygen mask on and is in two different comas, alive really did crack me up. "The surgery is very very very expensive. And highly experimental. And very painful to the cat." "Okay, let's do it!"
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

Loved the Reaper's theme song.

It sounded like Mark was channeling Nick Nolte.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Oh, god, Mark as The Reaper was the best! I loved when he was cutting up Scott's soul with a playing card like cocaine and snorting it up his nose!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                Oh, god, Mark as The Reaper was the best! I loved when he was cutting up Scott's soul with a playing card like cocaine and snorting it up his nose!
                So awesome.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Maybe I need to give this another chance. I thought it wasn't even close to being as funny as Brain Candy.

Comment

I thought it was largely hit and miss (the fat-suited Bruce especially), but Mark's Reaper was sublime.

I wish the Mayor had stuck around for a little longer...his opening scene was fucking perfect.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Mark rocked and yeah, the Mayor was great. Everything else just seemed to be them trying to hard.

Nothing will ever beat Brain Candy for me though.

Comment

Well, sure, their older stuff is clearly superior. And it was a little hit or miss in parts. But when they were on, they were fantastic!

Comment

I watched it and I hated it.

Giving Bruce McCulloch the reins was a mistake. He was never the best writer in the group, but he was the best director. If they just would've stuck to Dave and Scott writing it all...they would've been fine.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I will agree about one small thing, Ruckus - Bruce didn't really do anything that I thought was hilarious. Scott and Mark were KILLING me, and I thought Kevin and Dave were great as well. But Bruce - who normally slays me - was just sort of "there".

Comment

I thought Marnie was amazing. The first couple episodes were a little rough but I really enjoyed the rest. For the longest time I thought Special Son RamPop was calling out to "Dad" not "Death" and was expecting some crazy twist.

Comment

Working...
                              X