new robocop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new robocop?

taken from www.io9.com via http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4773486&EDATE=:

"With the appointment of Parent, MGM will enter its new phase of evolution by focusing on its major movie franchises highlighted by JAMES BOND and PINK PANTHER sequels, THE HOBBIT, THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR 2, THE OUTER LIMITS, ROBOCOP, DEATH WISH and FAME, among others."

hmm... if they do a new robocop, i DEMAND they acquire frank miller for script duty or even directorial duty. if anyone has not read miller's comic version of robocop, you should do it NOW. i demand hardcore violence, explosions, and a kick-ass robot cop. none of that robot ninja, flying robocop nonsense.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Re: new robocop?

"Bitches leave..."

There is no point in re-doing Robocop. The first one is in my top 20 list of all time. The social commentary, the satire, the bloodshed. There is no way they'd even come close to it with a remake. Look at this scene and tell me they'd go that far?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kWgcIlWn0

And the less said about the second one the better. Except for NUKE and the Kain-bot, that movie wasn't nearly as good as the first one.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

there's nothing about a remake. i think they're looking to bring back the franchise like they did with rocky. although, with the lack of success they had after the first film, i wouldn't be surprised if they wrote if off as a "re-boot." hahaha. seems like that's the new word in hollywood.

Comment

Yah. Honestly though, I don't think we really need another Robocop. Now if they decide to do this, then I'm totally onboard:
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Robocop is totally in my 10-20 best films of all time list, and there is no way on earth any reboot or remake could top the original. The film was goddamned rated X until they trimmed it! What would we get today? Some pussified PG-13 fuckloaf, with none of the undertones or violence that made the original the masterpiece it still is today.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

well i guess it depends on who takes helm of the movie. if they get someone that have had success with rated r reboots or remakes, e.g. zack snyder, i'm sure the movie would be fine. especially snyder since he's adapted frank miller's work before. if snyder and miller collaberated on a robocop movie, i'm betting that it would be uber superb. although.. i don't know about this 300 sequel that's "in the works." does 300 REALLY need a sequel? isn't it obvious what happened at the end of the last movie?

Comment

But the thing is, we just don't need another RoboCop. Verhoven made a great movie. No point in trying to resurrect it now.

Comment

There won't ever be a 300 sequel, unless it's direct to dvd. I give you my word brother.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Robocop part IV would be pretty cool...Frank Miller would probably be pretty good or maybe Louis Letterier (if he did it like the Transporter flicks). Look at what they did with the new Rambo...I like it as much as the old ones. Only this one is like 1000X more violent. Hopefully they do the same with Robocop...
                  Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47153

And Aronofsky is confirmed as director for the new Robocop. Awesomely optimistic at this point.

Comment

Doesn't matter who's involved. This doesn't need to be done.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Dude, Aronofsky could do something special. And I LOVE the original 2. I'm not saying it needs to be done, but in a world where we know it would be done, it's better than having a Ratner, Rob Cohen, or the Wayans doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                          Dude, Aronofsky could do something special. And I LOVE the original 2. I'm not saying it needs to be done, but in a world where we know it would be done, it's better than having a Ratner, Rob Cohen, or the Wayans doing it.
                          As soon as I got to "in a world...." the movie trailer guy voice popped on. And it was awesome. I agree that Aronofsky is a more interesting choice. I am just sick of remakes. Talented folk should be making the new movies for us to geek over.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Robocop's gonna get all strung out on heroin then he's gonna blow Keith David for some smack...should be epic.
                            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Roboass To Ass

Comment

Working...
                              X