The Beatles, Led Zepplin and The Rolling Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beatles, Led Zepplin and The Rolling Stones

Tell me why I am supposed to love these bands without attacking me personally. I appreciate what they did for music in general, and I in no way think they suck but I just can't listen to more than a few songs at a time by them. Same with Led Zepplin and The Rolling Stones. I'm not trying to invalidate these bands at all, but I just never could get into them really.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: The Beatles, Led Zepplin and The Rolling Stones

People like stuff or they don't. If this music doesn't work for you, then it doesn't. Personally, I could listen to Led Zepplin and The Beatles all day long. I like some Stones songs, but they really don't do much for me. I also love Tom Petty, The Doors, The Beach Boys, The Who, CCR, and Queen. I just like classic rock, and it seems to be harder and harder to find good rock nowadays.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Oh I'll agree with you on Tom Petty, The Doors, The Who, and CCR. I also love David Bowie, The Allman Brothers, and MC5. I only posted this because I was in the Rock Band thread at CHUD and everyone was attacking Yellow Hare for not liking the Beatles. It just struck me as funny because (and I've had this happen in real life as well) I've gotten branded with having no taste in music because I didn't fellate The Beatles.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Zep is the shit, I love mostly all their music. But like Ari says sometimes people just don't like that shit. I listen to a lot of classic rock, but I love a lot of Punk...Bad Brains, Black Flag, DK...crazy shit about all this is I listen and love Hip Hop / Rap more than anything. So go figure, it all depends people have different tastes.

The Stones were only good up until the 70's, and the Beatles are solid but, IMO, highly overrated.

I love Bowie, The Doors, The Who and I'm also a huge Pink Floyd fan...so. Bottom line is there's so many really good bands out there, but who's to say this one is better than that one? If you think NIN is better than the Beatles than so be it. I think I heard Ari say that Styx was his all time favorite band...
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Well Styx does rule all.

Comment

Fuck ya! Styxx is named after the river in hell! A fuckin' river in hell! That's badass, my friends!
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

i can't tell you why you should like anything cause i'm not you. but i can tell you i listen to the beatles, led zepplin, the beach boys, the eagles, and other classic rock because of nostalgia. my father was really into classic rock back when it wasn't "classic" so my brother and i would listen to it as well. it sure beats some of the music out there now.

p.s. the ink spots rule all!
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
              X