Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing Aid Advice

Hi guys:

I have a similar thread going over at the other site, but I haven't received much in the way of feedback.

Short version: My wife has been losing her hearing in one of her ears over the past 5-6 years. She finally decided on Tuesday that she wanted to get a hearing aid, so I've been scrambling to find out as much info as I can about them. Our meeting with the audiologist is today.

Do any of you have any knowledge of hearing aids? In particular, I'm curious as to the different brands and their relative qualities. The only brand that I'm familiar with is Starkey, and that's only because their offices are 10 minutes away from my house. I know that celebrities use Starkey (so they MUST be good), but that's really about it.

Any info (or questions I should ask the audiologist) are helpful.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Because I have no valuable advice and because I'm silly, maybe she could try this?

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

oh, you.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

My dad has the same issue from the military, but refuses to get a hearing aid. According to his doctor the frequencies he can't hear usually belong to women and children. I call
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

BELIEVE me, I've given her plenty of shit about 'selective hearing', but this is a legitimate need for her now.

Comment

The audiologist would be the best person to handle this. I have siblings who are hard of hearing but your best guess would be to take the recommendation and then check around to see whats what.

This really is one of those things the internet community can't really help you with because none of us use them.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Agreed, I'm just mainly looking for any first-hand recommendations for brands. There's plenty of second-hand stuff out there on the internet, but I always take that stuff with a grain of salt. An opinion from someone that I know and trust (like YOU guys), even if you yourself don't have a hearing aid BUT know someone that does, is more valuable to me.

Comment

I know Siemens makes hearing aids. But I wouldn't know whose brand is the best. I just figured it was based on the level of the hearing of loss and the needs of the person.

I figure it to be like buying eyeglasses.
                Last edited by Ed Hocken; 11-20-2009, 08:25 AM.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I always see commercials for Avada Audiology and love saying the name fast.

Comment

Working...
                  X