Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

waiting for prices to drop to pick up a blu ray player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiting for prices to drop to pick up a blu ray player?

stop waiting and pick up a ps3 already... because apparently prices on blu ray players are going up due to lack of competition:

source: http://gizmodo.com/367216/blu+ray-pr...o-piss-you-off
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Re: waiting for prices to drop to pick up a blu ray player?

It's fucking pointless to buy anything other than a PS3 unless you know exactly what version you are getting. Plus the firmware updates are easier with the PS3. And.... LITTLE BIG PLANET!!!!!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Also, the upconversion onthe PS3 is fucking awesome. Way better than my upconverting DVD player. Plus, LITTLEBIGPLANET!
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

dude, i am right there with you. this thread was really just for ari though. apparently he's anti-ps3. he doesn't know how great little big planet is going ot be.

Comment

Ari has issues. Although, I was the exact same way. But after watching No Country for Old Men, Planet Earth, Ratatouie and playing Ratchet and Clank, I've come to the conclusion that the PS3 will win the console wars within the next year and half. And that's without even mentioning Gran Tursimo, MGS4, LITTLEBIGPLANET, Home, and more. It's just a kick ass little system. I just wish Sony would fix a few issues, but even just as a Blu-Ray player it's fantastic.

Comment

It's not that I'm anti-PS3, it's I'm anti-paying $400 for a Blu-ray player. If PS3 drops it's price, then I may pick one up, cause damn, do I want Littlebigplanet.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

the PS3 will win the console wars within the next year and half.
              that's what i've been saying! let's not forget that the cell chip can be upgraded via firmware so the ps3 is going to be around for a long long time.

Comment

I will have a PS3 soon, I'm happy Blu-Ray won the war. I heard that Blu-Ray was actually developed for the PS3, so it will be the best player period. The $400 price tag is steep, but fuck it you're getting a player and a bad ass new game system. I'll have mine by June
                Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

I'll get a PS3 after I can afford upgrading to a 1080p TV, and blu-ray burners and media come down in price. Soooo... it's gonna be a while.

Comment

don't forget about getting an hd cable or digital box. cause there's no point in watching sdtv on an hd set.

Comment

He's got that locked down.

Comment

Just picked up my HD set last night...1080p is nice but there really isn't shit broadcast in the format yet (I have Time Warner Cable)...I need to get a PS3 BAAADDD now.

Comment

Nice. What type of set you get? Plasma, LCD, DLP?

Comment

Toshiba REGZA LCD 42"

Comment

Nice. I'm getting a new LCD soon because I'm sick of my plasma. Screen burn in is too fucking high with plasma. I don't care what anyone says.

Comment

Working...
                              X