Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Action Star Wars Show... Deadwood meets The Sopranos? Hmms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Action Star Wars Show... Deadwood meets The Sopranos? Hmms...

http://www.collider.com/entertainmen...id/7242/tcid/1

From the Article:
    The live action and animated shows will be considered official canon of the star wars universe.
    The live-action show is going to end up on whatever network pays the most. However, I?ve heard they?re talking about the show being on HBO or even Showtime. Which jives with the slugline for the show?think Deadwood meets The Sopranos. Want a bit more? Could the live action show feature Gangsters? Could it follow the underworld of the Star Wars universe? Perhaps even a crime family? Have I said too much? Again, think Deadwood meets The Sopranos.
    The seasons for the live action show might be as short as 12 episodes? again?think Sopranos.
    The show is definitely PG-13. I?ve heard it?ll be dark. It?s definitely not being made for kids.
    The Skywalker story is finished. From what I?ve been told, their story is done and they aren?t on the live-action show at all. The show is new characters?with a few people you might know from the movies mixed in here and there.
    And for those that don?t know?.the animated show takes place between episodes two and three, while the live-action is between three and four. Obviously some storylines might take place outside of those times, but that?s where the primary action takes place. Just like while the live action might follow a crime family, there will be episodes that focus on other things.
    I call a whole bunch of bullshit. Deadwood meets The Sopranos? Give me a fucking break. PG-13 does not compute. As much as it would be neat to follow a crime family or syndicate as the main focus and have Jedi and shit in the background, I don't see Lucas doing this. I've lost all love for him and I highly doubt this will bring it back. But until I see a trailer or pilot episode I'll give it a small chance I guess.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Live Action Star Wars Show... Deadwood meets The Sopranos? Hmms...

I've actually heard that they are going to do a TV series about Star Wars, however all the other shit seems like BS. It sounds like the animated features would be the Clone Wars that came out on Cartoon Network...I can't imagine what else they could fit in between eps.2/3.But I would be interested in seeing more shit like those...Sopranos meets Deadwood....What the fuck is that, sounds like bullshit to me. And how can they be done with Skywalker, he's the last fucking Jedi, what the fuck does he end up doing after he parties with the Ewoks...
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

http://braindeadradio.com/2012/01/10...ow-has-a-name/
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

All I can think of now is spacewerewolves and Len Wiseman not being able to make them interesting at all.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'd still watch this inside out if it were anything like the version I've speculated about with friends since it was announced (an episode dedicated to Dengar's homelife? I'm so there!)
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

As I exclaimed in the Old Republic thread, throw some IG-88 in it.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Nice. Doug Jones for IG-88, by the way.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
              X