Beatles - Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatles - Remastered

Technically, this could go in the Dirty Hippy Music sub-forum but I'll keep it DMB pristine.

While I know Rob could care less, I know there are a few of us Podcaustians who do have a soul and love the Beatles. Discussion for remastered albums START!

Since I am completely OCD and having all the albums right in front of me would make it difficult to actually start picking them apart I picked one album last night (the one album I have actually never owned). Magical Mystery Tour. LOVE. It's been on constant loop today at work. Truely amazing how crisp the sound is.....
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Now as a huge Beatles fan I really want the stereo boxed set, as it's more affordable than the mono with more albums. I really don't care about the minute differences between mono and stereo as long as it sounds great. Maybe I'll pick up one album at a time to save $$$.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

"Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Go spread you dirty shunness elsewhere.

Comment

I heard she had a bonus song in the game
          "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
            I really don't care about the minute differences between mono and stereo as long as it sounds great. Maybe I'll pick up one album at a time to save $$$.
            That's what I'm doing (one at a time). It keeps me focused on one album at a time, also the stereo sounds fine (to my untrained ears). Then again I'm not listening to them on headphones. Apparantly the sound difference is much more noticeable on phones.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I picked up The White Album and Revolver not expecting much. Jesus Christ, it's lovely.

I'm not an audiophile, but I was knocked on my ass.

Probably will head back and grab 2 more.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I was thisclose to picking up the mono set today. I still have my dad's Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt. Pepper LPs somewhere. Too bad I don't have a turntable.

Comment

I have several Beatles records that my family has given me over the years. I can't remember which ones though.

Comment

I need to pick up 'Revolver' and 'Rubber Soul' tonight. Those are really the only two albums that I NEED to have.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Woo, mono box set shipped today! I should have it before my next business trip. Hooray!

Comment

Working...
                      X