Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Well, Sarah brought it home last night, and we played it for an hour or so. Just as fun as the Melee, with a bonus or two tossed in. The best are the new smash orbs. Once one of those little bastards appears on the screen, everyone rushes to destroy it to unlock their super power. Bowser's is the best, as he turns into a giant Godzilla/Bowser hybrid with an orange afro. If you don't like the older Smash Bros. games (cough, cough, Rob, cough) then you won't care for this one, as it's really more of the same. Luckly, that same is pretty damn fun.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I just don't get the love for this series at all. I thought it was funny though, I was in Gamestop this weekend trading in some shit and these 3 "gangsta" looking dudes rolled through. They were looking for Smash Brothers and when they realized it wasn't out yet, it was like someone had killed their puppy. Made me laugh a bit.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

i only purchased the game to play the virtual console demo of earthbound. it's still not opened yet. hahaha. i'm awesome.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Brawl kinda reminds me of Power Stone. I used to play that on the ol' Dreamcast, and it was prety fun. It's just that Brawl has a bunch of nintendo characters and awesome nintendo themed levels. There's all kinds of ways to customize the gameplay, and Wario farts. It's also pretty easy for noobs to pick up and jump into. Rob just has no love for Mario.

Comment

When can we play Earthbound?

Comment

Powerstone was the fucking shit though. It's too bad the Dreamcast came out when it did. That machine was still better than the PS2. All though I had no idea of a virtual console Earthbound being included. What's the deal with this?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

i don't know. i just heard that there were virtual console demos of earthbound in ssbb. that was the rumor going around joystiq and kotaku. it's the only reason why i bought the damn game.

Comment

Well, find out more info now I say!

Comment

I still play that on my emulator. I <3 that game. Although I still am glad I sold my Wii for the PS3. I've gotten more use out of my PS3 in the last month then I did in a year of owning my Wii.

Comment

Yeah, the Wii just doesn't get the love it used to in my house. The 360 has dominated ever since it came home. If I had more time, I'd be getting more use out of the virtual console. Oh well.

Comment

The problem with the virtual console is that Nintendo refuses to release good fucking games on it. I think I purchased like 3 or 4. The other problem is how bad it looked on my HDtv, even with running in 480p. Nintendo really fucked up by not allowing HD resolutions on the Wii. While Mario looked awesome, it still was jaggy city.

Comment

if they release earthbound, i won't care what resolution it's in. i want my earthbound damnit!

Comment

I got the 480p cables and returned them the next day. Everything was a huge jagged mess.

Comment

Hmms. I thought it was just me.

Comment

so i have more info about the virtual console version of earthbound. according to wiki, it sounds like to get to play certain portions of a character's past. so say if you got to re-live ness' past, you'd play a portion of earthbound:

"Super Smash Bros. Brawl contains demo versions of classic Nintendo titles, known as Masterpieces within the game, allowing players to relive defining moments of the characters' pasts. These titles utilize Virtual Console technology to emulate classic hardware. The demos have time constraints, and some utilize save data to allow the player to play a certain scenario or level."

lame. in the pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X