The Blues Brothers Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blues Brothers Saga

I've been thinking a lot about The Blues Brothers movies recently.

So, I decided to watch Blues Brothers 2000 for the first time in a decade last night.

What a truly awful movie. Blues Brothers 2000 is the reason why puppies get cancer.

The first movie is still a classic.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about The Blues Brothers movies recently.

So, I decided to watch Blues Brothers 2000 for the first time in a decade last night.

What a truly awful movie. Blues Brothers 2000 is the reason why puppies get cancer.

The first movie is still a classic.
    QFT...I can probably re-watch the original bi-weekly and not get tired of it.
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Jonny Lang also looks like a mongoloid.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Jonny Lang is one hell of a nice guy. I used to deal with him where I used to work and he's the humblest, friendliest, most approachable celebrity that you could ever hope to meet. The guy can play one hell of a guitar, too.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
          Jonny Lang is one hell of a nice guy. I used to deal with him where I used to work and he's the humblest, friendliest, most approachable celebrity that you could ever hope to meet. The guy can play one hell of a guitar, too.

Then, what did they do him in that movie? He looks simple, man! Plus, I can't stand his voice.

It hits this tone that just makes me apeshit.

Comment

The Blues Brothers is the perfect example why you do not do a sequel 15-20 years down the line.

It also inspired me to carry bread in my pockets.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Well then why is Rambo so great, Ed?

TELL ME ED! WHY???
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
                Then, what did they do him in that movie? He looks simple, man! Plus, I can't stand his voice.

It hits this tone that just makes me apeshit.
                I'm not a fan of his singing either, but man...the guy can rip up a strat like the best of them.

I only saw BB2K once. It's an unwatchable blight that's redeemed somewhat by the jam at the end, but that's really about it. It was a bad idea that was poorly executed.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                  Well then why is Rambo so great, Ed?

TELL ME ED! WHY???
                  Because it's one guy and Stallone was really interested and you could have the character keep on living. Besides, that movie was created to wash out the bad taste of the prior movie. Just like Rocky Balboa.

The only other example I can think of is The Color of Money.

Comment

Return to Oz was fucking aces, but does that even count?
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Well, the Wizard of Oz books were a series. And while it was the same characters, it was different actors and story. It's different when someone is rehashing the same character or just phoning it in (Indy 4).

Comment

*dons hazmat suit*

I've never seen this movie. Either of them.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Rob, you need to unfuck this situation and see Blues Bros NOW. You need to understand why you need to hate Illinois Nazi's and avoid bars that play two kinds of music: Country AND western.

Comment

Wow. You must watch the first. It is too long, but it is classic.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

IT's been added, but they only have the extended cut.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X