Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Zemeckis wants to remake Yellow Submarine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Zemeckis wants to remake Yellow Submarine.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies....remake-reuters
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Eh. Why not? Could be pretty neat looking in 3d. I'm sure Ceej will cum when he hears this.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Robert Zemeckis is a fucking hack.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

I just did.

"We all live in yellow submarine,
        yellow submarine, yellow submarine,
        We all live in yellow submarine,
        yellow submarine, yellow submarine."
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That is true. But I don't get the love for the original anyways. I know I'm one of the few that don't.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            But I don't get the love for the original anyways.
            Because you have no soul? I think so.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

The original isn't a great film by any means. It felt like 40 minutes worth of material stretched to 90 minutes. But, it made a fuckload of money for United Artists on a modest budget.

Comment

Who in the fuck is asking about this? Jesus Zemeckis, way to piss away that BTTF and Used Cars goodwill.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                  Who in the fuck is asking about this? .
                  Blame Rock Band.

Prepare for the onslaught.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                    Because you have no soul? I think so.

Because I didn't grow up with the Beatles.

Comment

I'm more surprised since Across the Universe didn't do all that great ($25 million). But I love anything Beatles, so I'll take it.

Which, btw is why I am taking the plunge into another 360. Yes, Rock Band Beatles will be mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        Because I didn't grow up with the Beatles.
                        Gonna have to go with Rob. I mean I understand the Beatles influence. I just can't go apeshit crazy about it.

Of course it did give us the B-Sharps Simpsons' episode. Which is a goddamn classic.

Comment

Exactly. I always get shit for not liking The Beatles. But I always say I understand why people do dig them. And their influence on modern music is obvious. Just not my cup of tea.

Comment

I've been waiting for this to happen for a while. Visually it could be amazing. Story wise, there never really was much there.

Fuck, I do have a Yellow Sub lava lamp on my desk at work. And the first set of McFarlane figures.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

That's the same way I feel about KISS.

Comment

Working...
                              X