Trekkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trekkies

The girl and I just re-watched this last night for like the hundreth time and it never stops being awesome. Oh how I love this fucking documentary. Just like King of Kong, it is too entertaining for it's own good. We were cracking ourselves up last night doing impressions of the awesome armor chick. And you have got to love Gabriel Koerner.

"PETER, THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME TO HAVE CALLED!"

Greatness.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Trekkies

I need to do a double feature of this and The King of Kong like ASAP!
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Ari, tell me you haven't seen Trekkies. Oh please god.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I haven't seen Trekkies.

Comment

AWESOME! It is now your duty to get Trekkies and King of Kong and watch them back to back. Trekkies first then King of Kong. Oh man, I'm envious of you. I would love to go into these documentaries blind again. We were laughing so hard last night at Trekkies and we've seen it so many times. Make sure to post in the threads after you see them.

Comment

I'll try to get them this weekend and have a full report to you ASAP.

Comment

I really hope I didn't hype them up too much. But almost everyone I know loves both of those flicks. Oh, and I finally saw Darkon. It was okay but in my opinion was too sloppy and really had no clear narrative. But Trekkies and KoK don't suffer from this problem.

Comment

Darkon was kinda of all over the place, but I found it fascinating to observe the lives of these people, who view the game as being so damn important. What the hell was up with the dude who was just kinda crawling around, saying how even the Darkon people weren't really accepting him? I wish we could have seen more of that guy.

Comment

For real. I think I said that exact same thing to the girl. Also in Darkon, you get a sense that alot of those people aren't really based in the "real world". That could be due to how the doc was edited, but I was creeped out by a few of those people. Where as in Trekkies you laugh at them but most of them seem like good people. Minus one creepy chick who comes off like a stalker supreme.

Comment

Well, I just bought this a few minutes ago. Hope to be watching it very soon!

Comment

Nice!

I <3333 this movie....

You'll love it!

Comment

I want to see all three...I guess I'll wait to hear Ari's thoughts.
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Man, I really need to get this back from my brother. I must revel in the awesomeness that is ARMOR CHICK!

Comment

Saw this in film theory a while ago. I couldn't stop laughing through the screening. The slash-fic part was where every conservative dildo in my class started groaning, while I couldn't quit yucking it the fuck up (No offense to conservative dildi who have a sense of humor. These dildi did not.). When the engineer went to Radio Shack in his robo-coffin, the South Park reference returned with a vengeance. At that point, I couldn't breathe.

And Mullet Boy. Oh, man he was awesomely nerding it up. The freak-out phone call was glorious.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah Gabriel was hilarious, but he had the last laugh as he has worked on BSG and other movies doing SFX work. Bastard.

Comment

Working...
                              X