Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek: EVERYTHING

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    So much fucking love. Can't wait until Sept when they sell it separately. Unless you guys can make a case for me picking up ST 2,3 and 4 (as that's how they are selling them on blu at the moment)
    The only Trek Movies you need are 1, 2, 3, and 6. Personal opinion. 4 has not held up well at all. And we won't even mention 5.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

See they're selling 2-4 as the Kirk/Spock Trilogy. 50 bucks for all 3 on blu. Or 20 a pop. But I haven't seen the third one, and I believe the 4th one is in San Fran right?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

4th in 1986 SF. I LOVE the 3rd. Some don't. Smaller movie. Good character stuff.

Comment

SOLD.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Think of it as an ep of the OG series, but with better effects. Plus......well, I don't know how much you know. A certain scene actually gets me misty even now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
            Think of it as an ep of the OG series, but with better effects. Plus......well, I don't know how much you know. A certain scene actually gets me misty even now.
            Really? I'm assuming you speaking of the death of Kirk's son? Didn't have a whole lot of emotional impact for me since he wasn't ever around much to begin with (now if he had been a constant figure in Kirk's life, maybe). End Spoiler.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No!! Haha. Similar. Think dorkier.

Comment

The final scene? I can see that one having some emotional weight. Wait, I think I've got it (swipe) the death of the Enterprise?
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Swipe = correct. Like I said, dorkier. Final scene is pretty weighty too. People rag on the sets of the genesis planet, but it doesn't bother me. Love that flick.

Comment

I want to love the flick but as is stringing together some great character beats didn't do it for me (so I merely like the flick). Plus, I'm not too keen on the bad guy. Christopher Lloyd? WTF were they thinking?

Comment

I kinda liked him. What about John Larounwfnjquette(?)? That was an odd casting choice.

Comment

Star Trek: EVERYTHING

Put it here.

Khan was awesome. OG series is awesome. Word.

Comment

Sorry for the derail.

Comment

Ehh, I was more upset about the recast of Saavik. Which may play into why I don't love the flick. Alley is Saavik.

Comment

No worries. I want to join in after I watch some of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X