Cover Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover Songs

Did you ever wonder what Bruce Springsteen singing "I Do Not Hook Up" would sound like? Well, it's not Springsteen, but the most overtly Springsteenian East Coast rock band The Gaslight Anthem offer a close approximation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsVPMt0M-Fs

I actually really like the way he sings the song, but it's also pretty fucking hilarious.

I love cover songs. It sometimes annoys me that you can't get them on iTunes such as the Saul Williams cover of Sunday Bloody Sunday. Or the cover of Where is my Mind by City Wolf (Observe and Report soundtrack)

There's the Shiny Toy Guns version of Stripped. And the Miles Fisher cover of This must be the place.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

The Miles Fisher one doesn't work without the video though, and that's mostly piss-take.

Comment

I'll have to agree with you, even though I do enjoy the song.

Comment

You guys need to find all of the heavy metal covers of ABBA songs that are out there. A German band called At Vance does 3 fantastic covers of 'S.O.S.', 'Money Money Money', and 'The Winner Takes it All'. They also do good covers of 'The Logical Song (by Supertramp) and 'I Surrender' (by Rainbow), amongst others.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

You guys should have known I'd post this. It's pretty good overall despite who it is and you strip out the vocals and musically it's fucking rad imho.

Edit: I fucking love this guy.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I still like their cover of Faith. Just saying.

Also, Deadsy and MSI's cover of Tom Sawyer.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Also you have no soul if you can't appreciate "The Dan Band."
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

One of my all-time favorites, which I don't have to share because it's DRM protected, is a live cover of Brian Wilson covering the Barenaked Ladies' "Brian Wilson." It's only a minute long, but he does this awesome Beach Boys throwback version of it and it's quite surreal. And great.

Comment

Also Johnny cash's version of hurt is greatness.

Comment

NIN's version of Dead Souls from The Crow soundtrack is aces.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sMB6dye29Q

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                          Also Johnny cash's version of hurt is greatness.
                          Got that right. Anyone who doesn't shed a tear during the video is dead inside.

Comment

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fzcepIOz3Js&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color 2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/fzcepIOz3Js&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color 2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Easy Star All-Stars' Radiodread album is fucking awesome.

Radiohead through the reggae filter ain't half bad.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X