Spaced is on Hulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spaced is on Hulu

I have never seen this before (yeah, I know). First episode is great.

I still have that issue of FHM Pegg is, um, using in the first montage. There's also a naked picture of a young Monica Bellucci in it.

sweet

http://www.hulu.com/spaced

Comment

I just wanted to say SHAME on you GD. After it has been pimped so heavily in the geek community? Really?

Speaking of which, we should have a thread for geek things we don't get/never checked out.
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

THE ENTIRE SHOW. I was in line with a chainsaw for this when the box set finally got a proper US release, and I still had the R2 sets. :|
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Seriously grave, what the shit man. Go buy that boxed set like right now. I had the R2 rips for fucking ever.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

commentaries are good too.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Love, love, love that show.
              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

So I've watched a few episodes now and I get why people got their panties in a twist when the McG remake was being considered. I don't know how this could work on American TV. The way the jokes are structured and clip along, the clever nerd references. Maybe I have a low opinion of the American viewing audience* but I just see people getting confused and annoyed by the show.

*I do have a low opinion of the American viewing audience.

Comment

The American remake would be fucking stupid and pointless. The show worked because of Pegg and Stevenson. That's it.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    So I've watched a few episodes now and I get why people got their panties in a twist when the McG remake was being considered. I don't know how this could work on American TV. The way the jokes are structured and clip along, the clever nerd references. Maybe I have a low opinion of the American viewing audience* but I just see people getting confused and annoyed by the show.

*I do have a low opinion of the American viewing audience.
                    You know, I've actually turned around on the McG thing. Chuck and Supernatural are both his shows. He "gets" the geek thing and translates it well on TV.
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      The American remake would be fucking stupid and pointless. The show worked because of Pegg and Stevenson. That's it.
                      Also, even if you had Pegg and Stevenson writing, other actors wouldn't be able to pull it off. Even Edgar says the same thing on the documentary.

Comment

oh boy

Comment

I don't know Rob. I love those actors but I think they could cast this for an American audience. Would it be the same? Of course not (and we still have the original, watched MANY times).

It would take someone who "gets" the core audience and walking the line of trimming it for American sensibilities.

Comment

It wouldn't work as well due to the passage of time. The jokes would have to be completely re-written.

Comment

it's not even that. Spaced is like a time capsule. WE don't need a remake, or a reimaging. Especially if the creators weren't talked to before McG decided to do anything. Just leave it alone hollywood.

Comment

Working...
                              X