Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scribblenauts

The ESRB for the game:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=submissionTitle>Scribblenauts
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=submissionBody>

Platform: Nintendo DS
    Rating: Everyone 10+
    Content descriptors: Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief
    Rating summary: This is a puzzle game in which players navigate a series of traps, puzzles, and enemies to collect stars scattered throughout the colorful levels. Players have the ability to summon different objects by writing/typing in the word (e.g., bike, spaceship, lion) and watching it come to life. If multiple words are entered in a sequence, different whimsical scenarios can be triggered: a bicycle can be used to jump over a baby; a bulldozer can clear away a shark; and cabbage can be fed to dinosaurs. Players can elect to summon "cartoony" versions of bats, bombs, guns, and flamethrowers. These types of items can be used to destroy objects or even other summoned items (e.g., a club can be used to hit an animal; steak can be attached to a baby to attract lions; rockets can be lobbed at a man). These triggered animations are minimally depicted and are usually accompanied by popping, musical sound effects; bright, star-shaped flashes; or small puffs of smoke. If players wish to, they may type in the word vomit, which causes a beige-colored lump to appear on the screen. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

This game is going to be so awesome.

Comment

I'm curious to see how the game is after the gimmick wears off.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

This sounds fun...I need something to play while traveling etc...
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

This game is pretty great.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

You think there will be lots of replay value in it?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah, absolutely. There's a level editor, you can go back and replay stages to get higher rankings/achievements to get more Ollars to buy shit at the Ollar store, and it's just a lot of fun. Incredibly easy controls, too.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

This and Layton are making me really consider rebuying the DS.

Comment

How did you get the game already? It comes out tomorrow and I can't fucking wait. Plus, I want my rooster hat.

Comment

Jake is a dirty pirate apparently.

Comment

I got it from the Japanese peoples at the game store off of Sawtelle Blvd.

~

Comment

Nice.

Comment

People keep bitching about the controls, but honestly they're an afterthought for me. Anyone else having the same flavor of rage as everyone who's all like "MOFG THE CONTROLSSSS"?

~

Comment

I heard the controls really suck in this game.

Comment

As long as I can solve the puzzles and it's not that big of a deal, I'm all for this game.

Via Kotaku's review:

Take for instance a problem I ran into in the 150th or so puzzle I was working on. Confronted by an area teeming with West Virginia's legendary Flatwoods Monster, my initial thought was to take out one urban legend with another. So I quickly typed in Chupacabre. Only I mistyped it and accidentally summoned not the panther-like, blood-sucking lizard of Mexican lore, but the delicious Mexican snack, a chalupa.

Flummoxed, I dropped the chalupa in the hand of one of the monsters and summoned a vampire instead. The vampire quickly attacked the Flatwoods Monster who, seemingly confused by the treat she was just handed, began to swat at the creature with the chalupa. The vampire made quick work of her while I watched on belly laughing.

Comment

Working...
                              X