Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got my first red ring of death on my xbox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my first red ring of death on my xbox!

Ok so luckly I have the best buy 2 year product replacement plan.... so now I need to know how do I get all my arcade titles and game saves onto the new system they will give me when i pack it up and bring it in.

is all that done just by doing the gamertag recovery thing when i get the new xbox or do i need to do something about that?
    You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Welcome to the club!

You need to use this site to get your licenses transferred.

Comment

I see, will I get my game saves back or do I kiss them goodbye.

Comment

You kept your hard drive, right? Game saves shouldn't be a problem from what I can remember. It's been well over a year since my last RROD.

Comment

I didnt return it yet, I didnt know if I should take the hard drive out before I return it...never had to deal with taking back a console that has a hard drive before.

Comment

I don't know what best buy's policy is, but when i got the RED RINGS XBOX told me keep the hard drive and send back the unit. I would find out from best buy first, cuz chances are they will fuck up some where and you will lose everything on your hard drive.. .
            I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
            Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
            Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
            She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

This is all anecdotal, of course, but with every Best Buy return I've heard of they tell you to keep the HDD and just swap the systems.

Comment

Keep the HD. That's what I did. You'll be fine.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

meh I just called best buy and some goober told me I have to bring everything that it came with to leave the HDD in.

this looks like I will have to do some bitching at them to get what i want

Comment

Originally posted by Cj View Post
                    meh I just called best buy and some goober told me I have to bring everything that it came with to leave the HDD in.

this looks like I will have to do some bitching at them to get what i want
                    goober probably does not even know. Do NOT let them take your HD, you will regret it.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Well its been a intersting day dealing with best buy.... You can all see that I am online again (if your my friend that is) so did I give up my HDD? did I get a new system? did I say fuck it and go back to intelivision?

All these questions and much much more will be answered in the next episode of the Podcaust.

Comment

I thought we were unacquainted bros...what the shit, DocZom?

AND you leave it as a cliffhanger!? Youabastid. Not really, but still...

(I've been drinking.)
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I bet you made way more difficult than it had to be. Lol.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Goddammit man, don't leave us in suspense! I don't think my heart can take it.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

If it's Ceej, he'll forget his notes about this and the story will never be told. haha

Comment

Working...
                              X