Alan Wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Wake

New 3rd person survival horror game coming out. Looks really fucking impressive. The creatures don't care for light it seems, and you're running around with a flash light, road flares, and weapons to kill them. Really looks cool.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

God, they announced this game years ago. Bout time they finally did something with it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Still, it ain't coming out till Spring 2010.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Figures!
        "Uh, whose car is that out front?"
        "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5274839/alan-wake-...?autoplay=true

nice.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

It's about time. This game was announced somewhere around the same time as Heavy Rain. So, ages ago. I'm not a huge survival horror fan but this one looks and sounds pretty interesting.

Comment

Not too far into this yet, but enjoying it so far. It is actually pretty creepy if you let it be.

Comment

Planning on getting into this late tomorrow night and really letting it all soak in.

Comment

I have a hankering to try and Pokemon the hell out of the thermoseses and the manuscript pages, as the entire picture isn't complete without the twain properly collected.
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-27-2010, 05:31 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Digging the hell outta this game so far. Trying to grab as many pages as I can the first time though. Hate that you have to play on Nightmare to get certain pages. I'm a pussy.

Comment

Yeah, it really is beginning to piss me off/reinvigorate my interest since there is a huge chunk of the nightmare pages in the last episode.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm actually intimidated because the early chapters really beat the shit out of me, what with the low amounts of ammo/Energizer™ batteries and the like.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

indeed. Really fucking dig this game. ALOT.

Comment

So I'm having a blast with this game still. As much as some of the play mechanics are dated (collectathon for the full picture, telegraphed attacks) the story and general atmosphere does a great job of sucking you in. And I fucking love the "cliffhangers" and the "previously on" bits. Every game needs shit like this.

Comment

I didn't even look at this over the weekend due to True Blood marathon by the girlfriend, and that makes me sad. I already instructed her that this weekend would be a Alan Wake-athon, because it really is engrossing.

Comment

holy shit. Just finished Episode 4.

Spoiler: spoilerz! 
                              The reveal of Zane was a WTF moment and that cliffhanger...jesus

I seriously DIG THIS FUCKING GAME. I hope the promised DLC keeps it coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X