2009 Movie Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Movie Awards

Are pretty much shit (Twilight is winning everythingO) but Bruno just landed on Eminem with a thong on, and like usual, he had no sense of humor and stormed out while his bodyguards pushed Sasha around. The best part so far. Otherwise this show is making me feel extremely old.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Why are you bothering? Lets play some splinter cell.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Yeah, that part was great. Eminem takes himself more seriously than Kanye West. MTV didn't do a very good job of bleeping all the "fucks" when that happened.

I liked the "tough guy walks away from explosions without flinching" song.

Comment

And Twilight wins Best Movie.

*has realized today (5-31-09) that he is no longer cool. Or "hip" according to MTV. Which really isn't saying much.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          And Twilight wins Best Movie.

*has realized today (5-31-09) that he is no longer cool. Or "hip" according to MTV. Which really isn't saying much.
          Bull-fuckin'-Shit Rob. MTV hasn't been cool for at least 15 years. Fuck'em. If the youth of America, thinks this shit is cool. Then I don't want to have any part of it.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I am seriously going to borrow the Twilight DVD from my sister. The way she describes that shit to me makes it sound completely ridiculous. The vampire "family" or whatever was founded by Dr. Acula. And the vampire don't explode when sunlight hits them, they just glow. It doesn't hurt them but they don't like it so they stay inside all day. What. the. fuck.

Anyway, the only good thing about MTV is the Real World/Road Rules Challenge. That shit is awesome/ly bad. The opening credits this year are an amazing sight to behold.

Comment

I call shenanigans on the Bruno/Eminem bit. I'm going to give Eminem more credit than that and say he was in on it.

Comment

really? Just like the Triumph bit?

Comment

I haven't watched one of those awards shows in years. I never even have heard of most of the nominees let alone seen them. Do they even do the video awards anymore? The irony there always killed me.

Comment

http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/06/bruno-a...-at-mtv-movie/

Comment

Also, Megan Fox looked like shit and that made me a sad panda.

Comment

Listen, I know fans of that Twilight bullshit that thought the movie was lame. This awards show isn't meant for anyone other that 14 year old girls. They're the only people that actually still watch MTV anyways, right? So don't feel old or un-hip, feel ashamed that you were watching this. It was painful for every minute I watched, besides the Bruno moment.
                        Last edited by Ari; 06-01-2009, 08:59 AM.
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                          L feel ashamed that you were watching this. It
                          Bingo. Cable television must be viewed responsibly. If you can't handle the responsibility.........

Comment

Eh. The Movie awards were always fun to watch back in the day. But this wasn't the movie awards. It was the MTV Twilight Award Show. Samberg did make me laugh a few times though. Especially with the intervention bit with Fred Armisen.

Comment

The last time I enjoyed them was when they gave Clint Howard the lifetime award. It was downhill after that. I was only mildly paying attention this time around, as I was setting up my Jabba the Hutt's palace scene and taking photos.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                              X