Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footloose

Really?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

No. You are delirious. It is the heat.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I just dont get the love for this movie. At all. Even when people say it's nostalgia talking I don't get that. As a kid I like the Goonies because I could pretend that I could go on adventures. Karate Kid was the same way. I pretended (and then actually enrolled in classes) to know karate. But who wanted to be Kevin Bacon in this? I just don't get it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I never saw it until I was grown up. It is melodramaitc and very silly. I too took some Karate after seeing Karate Kid.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

It was when music videos and all that shit started really get popular. The demographic, rebellious teenagers related nicely to the thought of prohibiting dancing and pop music.

Comment

And those kids were fucking lame. seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Dude...they played chicken with tractors!

And he drove a VW, that's foreign!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Well no shit, that town was epitome of white-bread ville.

But how is Footloose different from say Airborn? It's got the same set-up, just different gimicks.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I don't pretend to say that Airborne is a good movie. It's so stupid it's entertaining. Plus I can relate to the preps vs dirts bullshit.

I can't relate to dancing in a fucking warehouse.

Comment

Well, there ya go. That explains why you don't like Footloose. You don't care for dancing. Other people feel the same way about skating. It's an issue of taste.

Comment

Footloose is no better than High School Musical. Except that Chris Penn died before he could be Zac Efron's creepy uncle.

Comment

Well High School Musical is for kids of today. Much like Footloose was for kids and the youth of then. How is that any different then the shit we grew up on?
                        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 05-20-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X