X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hurt Locker

http://www.apple.com/trailers/summit/thehurtlocker/

Cinematography looks awesome.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Can't wait for this.

It looks very fucking good.

And Bigelow is a fucking hill giant.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Been patiently waiting months for this. Hadn't seen the new trailer. Patients are wearing thin.

Jeremy Renner seems to be on the rise. I've liked him ever since Dahmer.

Comment

God that was creepy.

Comment

Is this coming out this weekend?

It is
          Last edited by Nathan; 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM. Reason: imdb

Comment

Yeah...July 10th here.

Fucking Dallas.

For all the fancy pants Angelika Film Centers we have, we ain't got shit.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Buuuuump

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Renner made the movie. I'm curious though, I saw a lot of criticisms from active duty and vets alike on the accuracy of his character, Vin, have you seen this? Your thoughts if so?
              "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
              - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
              http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
              http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                Buuuuump

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Renner made the movie. I'm curious though, I saw a lot of criticisms from active duty and vets alike on the accuracy of his character, Vin, have you seen this? Your thoughts if so?
                It's an entertaining film, and the characters are modeled on entertainment, not realism. There is no real accuracy about how the EOD teams are portrayed. EOD units operate at company strength(150-200 men), not a three man team. You have sniffer dogs, scouts, the teams which handle the robotics(which actually do the lion's share of the work these days.), and a myriad of other personnel to handle other tasks. Three man team in EOD? No. EOD is not SpecOps.

As for Renner's character, while amusing and well-performed, any team leader who behaves like he did, would be rotated out, and discharged, so fast that his head would spin.

Comment

That's what my pops said as well.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

What's your opinion on the sniping scene? I think that's the sequence that holds most sway with me, and I love the whole thing.

Comment

Entertaining, certainly not realistic. You hit cover immediately. If you try to engage the sniper, you never fire twice from the same position... especially if you're firing an M82.

A .50 BMG round kicks up a lot of dust and debris around the muzzle when fired, and even a noob spotter can dial you in quicker than shit.

Also, when you take cover... you don't take the spot that your sniper just fired from.

Sorry to be so nitpicky... but I guess if they made movies realistically, people would be too scared to watch them.

Comment

Glad you brought up the shooting from the same spot issue. That's the one thing I think in the whole movie (well ok the getting boozed up and beating each other scene too) that irked me.

Comment

Jess kept asking me why they were beating the shit out of each other for fun. When I had no good answer, her response was simply, "Men."
                          "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                          - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                          http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                          http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

It's what we do. It's who we are.

Comment

I am reading the book the movie Restrepo was based on and it mentioned that type of thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X