Killzone 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killzone 2

Never played the first one. Played the PSP version. This one is fucking awesome so far. WAY better than Resistance 2. Pretty fucking epic.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I have decided I hate the playstation controller. The entire time I'm playing this, I'm wishing I could play this game with the 360 controller. Otherwise, quite the epic game. The music is fucking awesome in this game and it really does feel like you're fighting in an epic battle.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I don't know, I love the PS3 controller but I hate the way this game controls. I don't think it's so much the controller with this game so much as it is the aiming controls which are sluggish. It's supposed to be more realistic I suppose, but it annoys me. I want it to feel like CoD4. The patch supposedly fixed it, but to me it just feels slightly less sluggish. I still hate it. If you feel adventurous, delete the patch and try to play and see if you like how it feels then.

Good game, but as I mentioned on CHUD, I think I would have liked the single player more if I wasn't fighting the sluggishness of the controls when I played it on Veteran. I think if I played it on normal instead, the controls would have annoyed me, but the game wouldn't have been so hard. Playing it on Veteran and fighting the sluggish controls just pissed me off the whole time, especially in the end.

We'll have to play some multiplayer, Rob. I need some more people to play Killzone 2 with. Only played a few times with some chud mates. Although, it's bullshit that there is no party system in the game. They need to add that in a patch soon, it's annoying.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Yeah. If you try to play as COD4 it's gonna suck. Which is how I was playing it. I upped my X and Y axis speed and started playing it more slowly and with purpose and the game worked way better. I still haven't gone online yet as I fucking hate PS online. But I'm hoping in a week or so I'll jump in.

Comment

So, it's a definite purchase then? I keep holding off because I'm way too addicted to Left 4 Dead and Street Fighter 4 still.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I don;t know if I feel comfortable saying it's a definite purchase yet. I haven't played online. And I really haven't gotten that far in the campaign.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure if it would be a must buy for you. I say play the demo though and see if you are ok with the controls. If you play a lot of multi-player, then it's possibly a must buy. If you are only going to play single player, then I just say wait. Shit, some days I get mad I bought it because the aiming is pissing me off.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Still slowly going through this game. Mulitplayer is pretty fucking fun though, even though I suck ass at the moment.

Comment

I want to love this game...so much...but I just can't get used to the fucking controls. I hate the playstation 3 controller, so fucking much. I wish they wouldn't have fucked with the L2/R2 buttons.

Comment

S'ok, I feel the same way about the controls but for a different reason. Have you played online yet?

Comment

I've tried online. It's fun, but I still suck pretty bad.

Comment

Checked it out last night. Wasn't really impressed. It played like any other PS3 FPS. I think I've been spoiled by COD4.
                        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                        X