PodCaust Episode 59: kickin' it old school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PodCaust Episode 59: kickin' it old school

We go back to basics with this one. No segments and lots of rambling. Watchmen was great and people just need to accept that. We go off on a tangent involving the backlash. Then we come back together to discuss IT, Eastbound and Down, and the fact we both hate The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Repent and put on your black tennis shoes. <!-- ***************************************** text here ***************************************** -->
    YEH!
    100.00%
    MEH!
    0.00%
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

It's more low-key, missed the songs. Hope they come back. And I don't say that as someone who has a theme song.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Oh and hell yes on not getting Rocky Horror. I'll never understand the fascination with that movie.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Thanks for getting this on the iTunes so fast. It will help my eight hour drive tomorrow go by a little faster.

And let me add to the "Fuck Rocky Horror" parade. That movie/experience/whatever is just as annoying as Grease.

Comment

Nothing is as annoying as Grease.

Though the cult that sprung out of a shitty musical doesn't make Rocky Horror any better.

Fuck musicals. Unless Muppets are involved.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Chicago > Muppet musicals > Rocky Horror > Grease > Herpes
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Music Man is awesome.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

We need Ari in here. We all know how gay he is for musicals

Comment

The turning point of nerd hate/rage would have to be sometime around the prequels.

Comment

That's what I'm assuming. But honestly, people just need to relax. And yes I realize that I've been "one of those people" before. It's just that it didn't dawn to me until Watchmen came out/

Comment

Rocky Horror has some catchy ass songs, but it's way to long and doesn't really hold together that well. I've never watched all of Grease, but I know it has a few catchy songs too. Chicago was a lot better than I expected, but my favorite musical of all time is easily Moulin Rouge.

Moulin Rouge > Nightmare Before Christmas > Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory > South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut > The Disney Animated films (From Snow White to Lion King) > The Wizard of Oz > Sweeny Todd > Chicago > The Muppets > Mary Poppins > Cannibal: The Musical > Rocky Horror > Grease
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

How is Cannibal that far down your list?

Comment

I honestly don't remember a damn song from that flick.
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

It is not that good. Not sure I even finished it.

Comment

The drunken commentary makes up for any shortcomings with that movie. It's still more interesting than Mary Poppins.

Comment

Working...
                              X