Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally! My favorite TV show is now a 360 game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! My favorite TV show is now a 360 game!

http://kotaku.com/361258/360-catches...eadliest-catch

Oh Lesley, how you just don't understand how awesome this show is baffles me...

"Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm" includes the following features and content:

-- Career Mode (Realistic and challenging simulation for gamers and "Deadliest Catch" fans)
    -- Missions (Gamers experience the hard core Bering Sea life, including participation in United States Coast Guard search and rescue missions and ice flow navigation)
    -- Arcade Mini-Games (Allows casual gamers to enjoy fun challenges, including crab boat races and skiff races)
    -- Five Authentic Crab Boats (including Northwestern and Cornelia Marie)
    -- Twenty Real Fishermen (including Edgar and Norman Hansen, Josh and Jake Harris)
    -- Six Authentic Captains (including Captains Sig Hansen, Phil Harris and Larry Hendricks)
    -- 4,500 lines of recorded character dialogue
    -- United States Coast Guard Search and Rescues (First time in a video game)
    -- Captain the 370ft. USCG Cutter Mellon
    -- Throw-the-Hook Mini-Game
    -- Skiff Racing Mini-Game
    -- 34,000 Miles Actual Coastline
    -- Four Real Bering Sea Harbors (Akutan, Dutch Harbor, King Cove and St. Paul)
    -- Interactive Virtual Tour Northwestern Crab Boat
    -- 100 Exclusive Crew Videos
    -- Xbox Live multiplayer
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Finally! My favorite TV show is now a 360 game!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/860/860394p1.html

We took great care when simulating the crab schools in the game to incorporate every aspect of the hide and seek game the Captains have to play every year with the crab. We studied the real life migration patterns of King and Opilio crab in the Bering Sea and developed a model based on those observations. There are both Male and Female schools in the game that interact in complex ways with each other. Fishermen are not allowed to fish female crabs so it is important for players to move away from areas that have a high concentration of females as this will impact your average
    The first thing you have to do before even leaving harbor for the first time is hiring a crew. All the crewmembers in the game have their own unique personality, and the crew you put together strongly affects how smoothly your season will go. Crewmembers are paid a percentage of the profits so even though the best crewmembers work faster and are less likely to cause accidents, it is not always the best choice to hire only people that will each walk away with 10% of your net profit.
    I'm totally buying this game.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

My girlfriend got me hooked on that show. Highly addictive.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Totally. Although Lesley can't stand it. So I can't wait to be playing this and force her to help me find crabs. I honestly can't believe they are making this game though. What a world we live in.

Comment

Deadliest Catch is fuckin' fantastic! Those dudes are all nuts. The show is addicting as crack, and this new videogame looks to be a nice pair of sweet ta-ta's. Crab catching, who knew it would make such great television?
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Nerdious, you should totally go down there and get me an autograph tomorrow!

http://kotaku.com/5017132/meet-crab-...attle-tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Nerdious, you should totally go down there and get me an autograph tomorrow!

http://kotaku.com/5017132/meet-crab-...attle-tomorrow
              no car! and i'm not taking the bus to redmond just to get a signature. too lazy!
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Comment

Just got all caught up yesterday on this shit, this game would be better off on the PC.... not too sure about 360?
                  "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

I like the show, but I can't imagine catching crabs on the 360. Imagine what your neighbors would think when they here you getting all excited about catching crabs.
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by Big Brother View Post
                      I like the show, but I can't imagine catching crabs on the 360. Imagine what your neighbors would think when they here you getting all excited about catching crabs.
                      dude, i'm always catching crabs when i'm playing with ari... oh wait, you said on the 360...
                      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Hey, I gave you those crabs for free!
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Saw the commercial for the game while watching the show last night. I will own this.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Does it look cool?

Comment

I need to see the commercial...I'm sure it's on the web....Rob can you check into this and give us the link.
                              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                              X