Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Birth of Indiana Jones

http://mysterymanonfilm.blogspot.com...onference.html

Pretty cool info in that pdf listed there. Highly recommend checking it out if you're an Indy fan.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Then the discussion turned to how old Marion and Indy were at the time of the affair:

G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her when she was eleven.

L — And he was forty-two.

G — He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real strange relationship.

S — She had better be older than twenty-two.

G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.

S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.

G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen it's not interesting anymore. But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he...

S — She has pictures of him.

And now consider the dialogue of that scene in the film:

INDY: I never meant to hurt you.
    MARION: I was a child! I was in love.
    INDY: You knew what you were doing.
    MARION: It was wrong. You knew it.
    INDY: Look, I did what I did. I don't expect you to be happy about it. But maybe we can do each other some good.
    MARION: Why start now?
    INDY: Shut up and listen for a second. I want that piece your father had. I've got money.
    MARION: How much?

Adds a whole new layer to the movie now.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Saw that but haven't read the whole thing yet. So weird.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X