Michel Gondry To Helm Green Hornet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michel Gondry To Helm Green Hornet

Trades are reporting that Michel Gondry is in negotiations to direct "The Green Hornet," Columbia's big-screen treatment of the classic crime-fighting hero being portrayed by Seth Rogen.

Stephen Chow had been tapped to direct but dropped out over creative differences. He is still expected to co-star as Kato, the Hornet's trusty sidekick and chauffeur.

Since Chow's departure, the project has been the subject of speculation that it was sliding into development hell, but the studio is intent on making the feature one of its 2010 tentpoles.

The choice of Gondry, the helmer behind off-the-beaten-path films, signals that the creative direction the studio and the film's producer, Neal Moritz, are trying to take the project is one not usually associated with the usual crime-fighter movie.

"Hornet" follows the adventures of Britt Reid, a bored playboy who inherits his father's crusading newspaper, the Daily Sentinel. By night he is a masked hero, fighting crime with his sidekick Kato, who has incredible martial arts skills.

Rogen and his writer partner Evan Goldberg joined the project in July 20, 2007, as writers and co-exec producers.
    He was so thin on the Oscars. Wish I worked for a company that funded my weight loss.

Who honestly gives a shit about the Green Hornet though? I'd still rather have Chow directing, but this could be neat.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'm excited for it again. I really hope Chow doesn't go anywhere.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

At least it's not Ratner. But is this going to be played straight? Comedy? Both?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

It's gotta be somewhat humorous. No way could Rogen and Chow be in a serious action film together.

Comment

I guess. But still, who really gives a shit?

Comment

I could give a shit. So there!

Comment

Fine fine. I'll reserve judgement until a trailer hits. But I doubt this will be anything other than "Hey, it's Seth Rogen as a superhero" flick. And I really don't care about that.

Comment

Skinny white people aren't funny.

Seth Rogen is skinny.

Stephen Chow is skinny but Asian. So he is funny.

What does it all mean?

This whole thing smells of unfunny and feet.

When you throw Gondry in, it is unfunny, feet-smelling, AND hand-made.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Oh, Sony, you silly bastards.
                    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Yeah, that's hilarious.

Comment

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=20458007&repeat=1&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=20458007&repeat=1&"></embed></object></div>

Comment

I want to see it for Waltz.

Comment

Same. I'm guessing the trailer is super boring and easy to process for the masses, but I am hoping it is Gondry madness.

Comment

I have absolutely no connection with Green hornet so I can't be upset if they changed everything. But I did enjoy the trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X