Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday the 13th: Post Release...SPOILERS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday the 13th: Post Release...SPOILERS!!!!

Pretty badass. Loved how they blended the first 4 flicks together. Some nice T&A, gore and jumps. Dug the fuck out of the beginning. Only gripe was that there were not enough inventive kills. I did enjoy the new sleeping bag kill. That was pretty fucking brutal.

Otherwise, great fucking entry. Let's hope they can make some more of these.

Jason in this is a fucking animal. He's straight Rambo from First Blood. I mean, he uses a fucking Rambo bow and hits a dude in the head...when he's driving a fucking boat. Old Jason would shit himself. Sorry Kane, Derek is now JASON. He's one bad ass.

In regards to the ending...

Dream? or no? I only ask because we see the mask hit the bottom, then he pops through the dock with the mask on....Kinda threw me for a loop and I didn't like it. It was too pandering.

Also, new Jason a cannibal? maybe...
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Machete through the dock into titgirl was awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

And spectacular breast girl, did indeed have spectacular breasts.

Comment

Props to the bitch scream as well. You know, this was pretty awesome. I hope it's just the beginning. As long as they don't screw the pooch like the TCM prequel did, we should be good to go. I want ZOMBIE JASON!

Comment

Dug the traps he set as well. You know what, I take back my ZOMBIE JASON line. I don't want that. I want more RAMBO JASON.

Comment

Also, I love that Jason grows pot to lure teens in....and uses them to lure more in. So awesome ahah. I'm drunk.

Comment

I'll join you in here Rob, as I just got back from seeing it. Pretty fucking awesome. I like that Jason was so clever. Dude set traps up all over the place. I love that he not only used the pot as a lure, but he used the old trick of leaving a wounded dude alive to try to lure more victims out. I definitely want some sequels to this puppy. Derek Mears is probably the best Jason of all.
              "Can't you just magic it away?"
              "No, no more than you can just 'science' it away."

Xbox Live & PSN Tag: wydren

Comment

Also, I love that a large chunk of kills take place before the title is even up on the screen. Best intro ever.

Comment

Just got back myself and oh boy was this movie great... And I don't know about you guys but we got a Transformers 2 trailer ( not the one from superbowl ) and it gave me a raging hard-on....
                  I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                  Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                  Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                  She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

Originally posted by Corey View Post
                    Just got back myself and oh boy was this movie great... And I don't know about you guys but we got a Transformers 2 trailer ( not the one from superbowl ) and it gave me a raging hard-on....
                    Dammit, we didn't get that. We got watchmen, and a Last House on the Left remake trailer. Oh well, it'll be online soon enough.

Comment

Ya we got Watchmen, Last house on the left, Transformers 2, Obsessed, and Observe and report

The funny part about Observe and Report is that it is almost like Paul Blarg except that it has Seth Rogan and looks funny.....
                      I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                      Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                      Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                      She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

Like some other reviews, Blondie McDouchenstein (Trent) stole the show with that screech when Spectacular Breasts Girl's body hit the squad car's windshield.

Damn that was hilarious. Even more hilarious with a crowd full of black people.

Derek Meers was an agile giant. And the opening was certainly the greatest 20 minutes of the film. The rest of it was pretty good, but it started to lose some of its steam toward the end. Everything seemed a bit too by-the-numbers after the White-Boy-Scream-Queen moment, and post-jailbreak the film even had odd jumps in continuity (Jason smashes the shit out of Supernatural Guy's head on the bus windows, and seconds later he comes to? MALARKY, I SAY!).

But then again, we did get that wheelchair call-back/the decent barn fight.

Ah hell, it's the best thing Platinum Dunes has done yet. If they keep the production value/reverence for the character, I'll check out a sequel.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                          (Jason smashes the shit out of Supernatural Guy's head on the bus windows, and seconds later he comes to? MALARKY, I SAY!)
                          I just thought that was a call back to Part 2 where Jason thought he killed the male lead, only to have dude pop back up at the end. Jason even smashed through the window to grab him later like in Part 2.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Comment

I still wish Dean and Sam would have teamed up to kill Jason. Now that's a movie I want to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X