Prince of Persia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of Persia

I'm a huge fan of the Sands of Time from the PS2 era, and the Sands of Time trilogy in general, even Warrior Within, despite being the weakest one. It's probably my favorite series behind Metal Gear Solid. I love the art style of the new game, but when I found out it was not going to be the same prince from the Sands of Time, I was bummed. Now that it's out, I read a couple reviews and I really want to play it now despite the new prince not being very likable. The prince's design looks horrible as well, but Elika's design looks nice.

Anyone interested in this game or a fan of the previous trilogy?
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

I fucking loved the originals. Loved the shit out of Sands of Time. Hated the sequel mostly due to the change in style. And I heard the new one, while looking great, isn't all that great. For one, you cannot die. YOU CANNOT DIE...EVER. And apparently the boss fights are all against the same boss? I'll check it out when it's like 15-20 bucks, but I have too many games to play as it is right now.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

One of the best musical cues ever in a game is when the Prince takes a drink of water from a fountain to regain health in The Sands of Time. I wish that music would play every time I took a drink. Life would be just a little bit happier because of it. I've tried looking for that music on the web with no luck. I would make it my ring tone, or somehow rig it to play when I get water from my fridge.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

I loved Sands of Time, but never picked up any other version. There's just too much out right now to justify a purchase for this one.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I rented Prince of Persia. I liked it more than I thought I would, but it's no Sands of Time. I love the art style (except for the prince's look) and the platforming. It may sound weird but I think the controls were too simplified. The controls annoyed me a little. Jump and wall run are the same button which kept fucking me up. You do fight the same 5 bosses over and over which got annoying. I also unlocked the Sands of Time skin for the prince so I just used that most of the game. The game is gorgeous. I enjoyed the game, though it probably helped that I didn't buy it. I heard about some DLC coming soon, I might be interested in that if I can get some more info on it. Worth a rent or a buy if you can get it for cheap.

Comment

If DLC means combat that actually feels like combat and not a quicktime event, then I'd be all for breaking PoP out again.

But it probably means new monsters to quicktime the shit out of.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I haven't played a PoP since the original PC game...whatever happened to the Gyllenhal movie?
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

It's coming out this summer isn't it? And I still haven't played the new PoP. I have no drive to do so either.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

The Jizz-n-Balls movie is still on track for 2010 I believe.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                  X